Property Prices

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: property prices

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 pm

El Cid wrote:
Bongtrees wrote:If the cost to build the house is 1000 euros m2 and the house is 200m2 that would add another 200,000 euros
I realise you are just giving an example of the maths, but 1000/m2 would be a very expensive build. 500 - 750 would be more likely.

Sid
Here around Valencia prices have shot up in the past 2 years, in some cases above the 1000 euro m2 mark.

At the moment here there is more work than builders so the price keeps on rising.

I have been waiting for a builder to start 2 houses on land I have but now I think I will just sell one plot and sit on the other.
At 1000 euros m2 I dont see any value for money.

Mike

sunkissed
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sunkissed » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:05 pm

[quote="Ulli"]Hi,

Just wanted to make a quick comment on Antequera, not only are they getting an airport but the highspeed train link from Madrid will have a station there finished this year (or so they say). They have a planned population expansion of 300% for the next 10 yrs.

Good luck Ulli[/quote]

This airport story is being spun by locals to help sell houses. There is no way they would build a commerical airport at Antequera due it's close proximaty to Seville. Granada and Malaga airports. It may carry light freight and small private aircraft but eayjet are not going to be flying in to Antequera in our lifetime.

I'm also pretty sure the AVI doesn't pass through Antequera at all ( I think it will go through Bobadilla but may not even stop)

Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ulli » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:03 pm

I have it on pretty good authority that the train will indeed have a station there. I was in a meeting recently where things (roads etc) were planned regarded this so if it's not coming there will be some surprised people :lol:

It will not be IN Antequera per sé but next to so to say.

As far as the airport goes I cannot say that I have the same "good authority" information but it has been discussed several times so they seem to think it's coming :?

Mind you, I have to admit that nothing surprise me anymore in this place :lol:

Ulli[/quote]

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:52 pm

No wonder prices are high when you are all looking to be near the coast! That's why prices are sky high - they are milking it! Have you not heard of inland Spain where the locals are REALLY locals, the weather is temperate and have seasons and house prices are much, much lower. What is this thing about being near the coast - it's not everything going to a beach every day/week???!!!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Building costs

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:59 am

fincalospinos wrote:That may have been the case a couple of years ago, nowadays 900 - 1100 Euros / Sq m is the norm. At least around Competa/Canillas/Frigilliana and Nerja it is.
Are you saying that the cost of materials and labour has gone up 50% in 2 years?

Or maybe it's the "rip off" factor that has gone up! Not unusual in that area.

When I built my house 2 years ago some of the quotes were in the region you quote but eventually I found a small local builder who did it for around 650/m2. The higher quotes were either from opportunists or builders that didn't want the job.

On the other hand, if your figures are correct - I will have made a packet.:P

Sid

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:18 am

What is this thing about being near the coast - it's not everything going to a beach every day/week???!!!!
I think you will have to accept, anewlife, that we are all different and want different things. If you are happy where you are, that is great, but please allow me to be happy where I want to be.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:28 am

Yes Alan, that's fine, but the message I wanted to get across was that many people looking to move to Spain, always look at the coast where property prices are just ridiculous. They don't think of looking further inland where property prices are lower, more value for money - they just seem to want to be near a beach, which as I say isn't the be all and end all of living in Spain.

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:47 am

Regarding the weather differences - proximity to the Med tempers the cold winters and often provides a welcome breeze in the heat of the summer. Many inland towns are oppressively hot in Summer and freezing in the Winter and Spring.

I own a flat in Spain about 25 Km from the coast but if the coast was cheaper, I would have bought there.

sunkissed
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sunkissed » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:12 pm

[quote="Valencia_Paul"]Regarding the weather differences - proximity to the Med tempers the cold winters and often provides a welcome breeze in the heat of the summer. Many inland towns are oppressively hot in Summer and freezing in the Winter and Spring.

I own a flat in Spain about 25 Km from the coast but if the coast was cheaper, I would have bought there.[/quote]

You're right about the temperatures. It's also extremely difficult to earn a living inland with many expats of working age living a hand to mouth existance

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Alot of property inland seems just as expensive as on the coast now. If you compare living standards,what you would have to spend on many inland houses to get them up to scratch they would be the same cost. I know they do have more land with them but this can be a burden with water costs etc.

If you do see inland properties that have decent standards ie. mains water, etc correctly reformed, more than one full bathroom and not just a square box with all the bedrooms leading off they are about the same price as the coast.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:06 pm

which as I say isn't the be all and end all of living in Spain.
Anewlife

Again I have to say, speak for yourself, and don't speak for me.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:13 pm

I agree with Katy and Alan. We have been looking for somewhere bigger for a long time now (we have a one bedroom apartment on the coast). Think we will stick with the area we know. It's also a lot closer to everything too like from a doctor right down to a pint of milk.

winkie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby winkie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:25 pm

anewlife wrote:Yes Alan, that's fine, but the message I wanted to get across was that many people looking to move to Spain, always look at the coast where property prices are just ridiculous. They don't think of looking further inland where property prices are lower, more value for money - they just seem to want to be near a beach, which as I say isn't the be all and end all of living in Spain.
Everyone wants and needs different things, my choice is Inland, just enough distance away from the coast to get away from the built up new builds and road congestion, but close enough to visit as and when required.
Horses for courses :wink:
Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you are absolutely right.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:50 pm

We wanted to be within easy driving from the beach and not in a congested town. We have the best of both worlds, an hour from the sea and a peaceful life

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Valencia_Paul wrote:Regarding the weather differences - proximity to the Med tempers the cold winters and often provides a welcome breeze in the heat of the summer. Many inland towns are oppressively hot in Summer and freezing in the Winter and Spring.

I own a flat in Spain about 25 Km from the coast but if the coast was cheaper, I would have bought there.
you previously stated that your flat was in Gandia

Mike

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Mike,

I never said my flat was in Gandia - I have spoken about the resort Playa de Gandia with reference to a very Spanish scene with few Brits, compared to parts of CDS coastline.

My flat is in Castello De Rugat which is about 25 Km inland taking the CV60 from the main road between Oliva and Gandia.

My nearest and favourite beach resort is Playa de Gandia. Check my previous posts yourself then come back and eat some humble pie!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:18 pm

then come back and eat some humble pie!
Paul, you've got more chance of being bitten by a daffodil than that happening. :lol: :wink:

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 am

Valencia_Paul wrote:Mike,

I never said my flat was in Gandia - I have spoken about the resort Playa de Gandia with reference to a very Spanish scene with few Brits, compared to parts of CDS coastline.

My flat is in Castello De Rugat which is about 25 Km inland taking the CV60 from the main road between Oliva and Gandia.

My nearest and favourite beach resort is Playa de Gandia. Check my previous posts yourself then come back and eat some humble pie!
No Chance!

You previously stated that your local (sic) beach was Playa de Gandia, local means near by not a 30km treck across mountains etc

Presumably undertaken wearing blinkers and rose coloured specs avoiding the big M signs and English cafes.

Mike

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:48 am

Mike,

Local as in nearest. How has my 25 Km become 30? Do you really know these places I am talking about? What mountain roads are you talking about? The CV60 is a fast road with hardly any bends to speak of. I can do flat to beach easily in 25 minutes. And CV60 is being made into a dual carriageway so will be even faster.

Where are the Brit owned cafes in Playa de Gandia? I would like to take my parents to stay there for a few days but am worried that they won't be able to find any Brit friendly food outlets - maybe you can help by naming some. There is a Burger King now, granted but no Macdonalds.

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 am

spanish hopes wrote:
then come back and eat some humble pie!
Paul, you've got more chance of being bitten by a daffodil than that happening. :lol: :wink:
I see what you mean, Spanish. :wink:

I like your pictures BTW!