Motorcycle licence

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Motorcycle licence

Postby Alpujarra » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:24 pm

Does anyone know if UK car licence holders are also entitled to ride motorcycles up to 125cc (as Spanish car licence holders are) or is the UK photocard licence only valid for the groups of vehicle shown on it here in Spain?

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Not if you intend to live here, if on holiday I would have thought it should be alright.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Motorcycle licence

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:27 pm

Alpujarra wrote:Does anyone know if UK car licence holders are also entitled to ride motorcycles up to 125cc (as Spanish car licence holders are) or is the UK photocard licence only valid for the groups of vehicle shown on it here in Spain?
In Spain, if you have held a car licence for 3 years you are allowed to drive class A1 but only in Spain. The holder of a Spanish licence would not be entitled to do so in the UK. This entitlement is not shown on the licence.

Whether or not a UK licence holder could avail himself of this concession is debatable - I can find nothing on the web one way or the other. If a UK licence holder exchanged his licence for a Spanish one then he would certainly be entitled to drive class A1 so long as he met the 3 year rule. Again, that entitlement would not be shown on the Spanish licence.

Sid

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mark » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:41 pm

To ride a motorcycle/bike you will obviously need insurance. My advice would be to ring an insurance company and get the definative answer. If and when you get an answer, could you please post the reply that you receive.

Regards

Mark