Car transfer tax - fiscal value of car

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
campo babe
Resident

Car transfer tax - fiscal value of car

Postby campo babe » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:34 am

We are trying to sell our car at the moment. I have searched the forum as I remember seeing a link to a table for calculating the tax payable when selling/buying a second hand car.

I usually save these links but obviously didn't this time.

I see from postings its 4% of the fiscal value. Its the link to the fiscal value table I am looking for. Isn't everything complicated in Spain?

I would also be grateful for a recommendation for a person who could deal with this tax, to the east of Malaga.

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 am

Tell you what, we'll do it together, I have 2 to do..

Its a mine field but I tend to get to grips with these rather quickly

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:34 am

Just taken us 4 months to do our two, Enjoy! :?

julian
Andalucia Guru

transfer

Postby julian » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 am

any gestoria will do the complete transfer quickly and painlessly, and the cost is minimal

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:07 pm

You need a technico to check the car, all he does is measure it, check paperwork he even measured our steering wheel, the ITV is a special one as it is for change of matricula, then road tax also copy of our residencia card was need from the ayuntamiento. fee 1 euro. then we handed everything to the gestoria and she did the rest for very little cost ie about 50 euro's. Only problem we came up against was both our cars were imported into the UK so the paperwork was read here for the age, as from first registration in the UK , we got over this as we had documented proof of actual age. (Also the ITV said it my car was 5 seats when it is a very strict four seats and the technico man argued the point with them and won) Non of this would put us of doing another, once you know the ropes it is quite easy really.
We did not actually push it along hence time span. Gestoria was worth every cent.
pwwm

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:07 am

I know you are not meant to advertise on the forum but you are all asking for a gestoria, i work for a good gestoria if any one wants information contact me on 958700171 and ask for Sioban.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:45 pm

We've just being trying to sort out another one of our cars to get it onto Spanish plates.

It's a 1998 BMW M3 - Cost New €46,700 - Report states current value €16,200

The tax is €1600
€195 road tax
€100 ITV
€120 engineer report
€20 reg plates
€80 fees for the garage.
Total €2222.

Will take 5 days to do.

This is the second car we've done in the last 2 years, although it's expensive it's worth the money.

We bought another car (Spanish) from a reputable garage in October & are still waiting for the paperwork :roll:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:54 pm

The original question was about the transfer tax on selling a car in Spain - not about importing and reregistering a UK car.

The best bet is to get a gestor to do the transfer. Try Spanish Solutions in Nerja. They are English and will sort it all out for you.

Talk to Adam on 95252 3925

Sid

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:05 pm

Thanks.
We haven't had much luck so far, but today we are meeting someone who is interested in the car.
IF we have to sort everthing out at a gestoria, do both seller and buyer have to be there?
I know both parties have to put their details on a form (I managed to find one on the Trafico site) and also that there is a tax to pay. I

Someone already tried to scam me on the internet with an advertisement for the car which I put on a web site, so now I don't trust anyone!

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:42 pm

poshtotti wrote:We've just being trying to sort out another one of our cars to get it onto Spanish plates.

It's a 1998 BMW M3 - Cost New €46,700 - Report states current value €16,200

The tax is €1600
€195 road tax
€100 ITV
€120 engineer report
€20 reg plates
€80 fees for the garage.
Total €2222.

Will take 5 days to do.

This is the second car we've done in the last 2 years, although it's expensive it's worth the money.

We bought another car (Spanish) from a reputable garage in October & are still waiting for the paperwork :roll:
Not questioning anyones judgement here, just curious, why do people in general bring right hand drive cars to a left hand drive country, like I said, I'm not being critical just very curios because personally I don't see the point, am I missing one!!

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:02 pm

Blimey, anyone have any idea what its going to cost me to have my year 2000 transit changed to Spainish plates.....So far driving a right hand transit in Spain hasnt been a real pain, bare in mind I only have the font passenger window to look out of, once I've changed it to Spainish plates I do the change over on the van to make it a LHD..