French Toll Costs

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:32 pm

kevin77..gosh..what a lot you know....what an amazing head you really have...the extent of your knowledge is infinito...from when a waiter has washed his hands ... to knowing what is best for others.....
How kind of you to take up so much of your valuable time to post on A.com to help and worn us of the dread full mistake we are/have made in moving to Spain and reminding us of the land of milk and honey we left behind....
Failing this...you now try to convince all to move to France...Que pasa? Anywhere but Spain campaign.:roll:

Your frustrated dictatorship qualities are at a loss on A.com... most are here because they have something in common with, and are interested in Andalucia.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:22 pm

Anyway children, to get back to the topic...

...viamichelin tells me its about £54 in tolls, £155 in petrol (ford focus) and 1304 miles from calais to nerja - about 22 hours. It even tells me where all the fixed radar traps are in france!

To avoid the french part of the route it suggests a pleasant sail across the bay of biscay. Furthermore, to avoid too many Spanish people it goes on to say have a leisurely cruise down the coasts of Spain and portugal, rounding cape st vincent with the dolphins, passing Gib by as far as poss (very vulgar and rip off prices) until you reach your chosen port on the CDS....

Now handbags away and back to play!

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:17 pm

If you had bothered to read the thread Silver, you would have seen that I was commenting on French eating establishments being good quality, clean but expensive in comparison to Spain.
Obviously you have never experienced any Spanish bar in which the tapas are past their sell date, when the mayonesa is climbing out of the glass case in summer, the camarero appears to have slept in a ditch and the bogs are to be used only in emergencies. Such places do exist, but you seem to have lived such a sheltered life in your lonely mountain village that you never notice.
Is it true that you were hatched in an incubator on the bar top and are being reared by the local bar staff?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:43 pm

kevin77
Obviously you have never experienced any Spanish bar in which the tapas are past their sell date, when the mayonesa is climbing out of the glass case in summer, the camarero appears to have slept in a ditch and the bogs are to be used only in emergencies.
Well for once I have to agree with you...but you got the last bit "you seem to have lived such a sheltered life in your lonely mountain village" is a long way off the truth..
Is it true that you were hatched in an incubator on the bar top and are being reared by the local bar staff?
Comments like this are to be expected from the likes of yourself...its frustration that make your mind weak.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:05 pm

silver wrote:kevin77
Obviously you have never experienced any Spanish bar in which the tapas are past their sell date, when the mayonesa is climbing out of the glass case in summer, the camarero appears to have slept in a ditch and the bogs are to be used only in emergencies.
Well for once I have to agree with you...all but the last bit "you seem to have lived such a sheltered life in your lonely mountain village" This is a long way off the truth..
Comments like this are to be expected from the likes of yourself...its frustration that make your mind weak.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm

silver wrote:
silver wrote:kevin77
Obviously you have never experienced any Spanish bar in which the tapas are past their sell date, when the mayonesa is climbing out of the glass case in summer, the camarero appears to have slept in a ditch and the bogs are to be used only in emergencies :? .
Well for once I have to agree with you...all but the last bit "you seem to have lived such a sheltered life in your lonely mountain village" This is a long way off the truth..
Calm down Silver!, now you've made yourself look a right prat! :roll:

kevin77
Resident

lets try to help silver escape from the display case!

Postby kevin77 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:54 am

kevin77 wrote:
silver wrote:
silver wrote:kevin77 Well for once I have to agree with you...all but the last bit "you seem to have lived such a sheltered life in your lonely mountain village" This is a long way off the truth..
Calm down Silver!, now you've made yourself look a right prat! :roll:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:10 am

Calm down Silver!
kevin77... just for the record .. no need to calm down....your comments and insults are that of a spoilt brat...and do not alterate me at all.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:36 pm

Just to keep off topic, I love France, the food, wine, unspoilt villages (not like here with 3rd world blocks on the outskirts). You do get more house for your money and prices now are about the same for food and the quality and presentation is better. I used to live in Geneva and was over in France for shopping and eating all the time.

Why didn't I live there? because they dislike the Brits and I don't speak French very well. Although this has changed and the spanish are not now welcoming the Brits with open arms and indunating them with produce and offers of help (unless you come from A.com land) there is a lot of resentment, they are now denouncing them for having a wall over Pacos goat track, even though the spanish living there before them had built it 20 years before and such things.

Winters are colder in France but in a better built house its a bit relative. So really theres not a lot to choose between France and Spain is there?