Whinging poms opting for spain?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:00 pm

I was like you kevin. When I knew that I had to work for many more years I begrudged the retired people having a happy life. Now that I am retired I begrudge you youngsters for having many more years left to live. So please do not think that things will get better for you when you finally begin to mature, you will only be disappointed.

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby citymike » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:10 pm

kevin77 wrote:Nice to see forum members adopting Eastern philosophy to help them through their retirement days in Andalucia. It makes a change from rose coloured spectacles. 8) Or do they just like stories about Wise Old Men giving advice to young men on the road of life, because that is how they see themselves? :roll:
I have come across a couple of people who considered themselves completely integrated and rather wise in the ways of Spain. I later heard that the Spanish didn't really like them much because they didn't speak Spanish (and I am not joking!). I do despair of some people's ability to kid themselves.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm

Wise Old Men giving advice to young men
Its always been that way...and the young have always thought they know better.... eventually they learn. :) so the story goes on.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:05 pm

'too soon old - too late smart'
ran into that one maybe 40 years ago - carried it with me since -
don't know the source - google leads to a book at amazon -
interesting table of contents - but i'm not suggesting...

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:47 pm

kevin77 wrote:Or do they just like stories about Wise Old Men giving advice to young men on the road of life, because that is how they see themselves? :roll:
A wise old man knows it can be difficult to advise other people; it’s better to help them to find out for themselves. :wink:

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:22 pm

Gretch, this is getting to sound like a scene from the Kung Fu series...
'Glasshopper, wise old man say go to promised land....old witch say nice thing only happen to nice person and the wicked shall be cursed'
Tell me Oh Master, are all old people wise?, and at what age does the wiseness begin?. If so, why do they buy 'off plan' on CDS? :?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:29 pm

Old people wise till altzheimers set it. What was your question again? where am I?

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:43 pm

spanish hopes wrote:Old people wise till altzheimers set it. What was your question again? where am I?
In UK, wearing your blue rinse and slippers, collecting your Senior Prison Officer's pension whilst waiting for your off-plan to be built so that you can move to Spain permanently for a better life.

fern

Postby fern » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi
Having read all I´m with Keddy. I too have travelled blah blah blah, the thing is if you want to live off baked beans and butty´s then why come here to live, and if you want to compare with UK all the time then why come here?
Open your mind and let the place talk to you --- or not.
Fern

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:41 am

Well said Fern, and in a spiritual sense I am with you, can you feel my positive thought? 8)
On the other hand I think that Eric Cantona is harder than David Carradine, and would do him in a kung fu fight. That's my personal philosophy, if you don't like it i'll pray for you. :)