UK Freeview box in Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Valencia_Paul
Resident

UK Freeview box in Spain

Postby Valencia_Paul » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:43 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already but I've done a search and couldn't find an answer.

Basically, does anybody know if a UK Freeview receiver will pick up Spanish digital terrestrial programs via an aerial?

I'm talking about terrestrial signals here i.e. no satellite and I know I won't be able to pick up UK channels in Spain with this setup!!

The reason I ask is that I will be taking a computer to Spain and the computer has a Freeview card installed. Is it worth leaving the tuner card in the computer so I could watch some Spanish TV?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Freeview boxes sold in Spain will also work in the UK and whilst I have no knowledge of the converse situation I would assume the answer is yes.

The sound problem with UK analogue equipment is not an issue with digital receivers hooked up via an AV connection.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:27 pm

From what I have read on other forums the answer is yes.

Digital Terrestrial TV does really seem to be an EU wide system - at last!

Sid

sunkissed
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sunkissed » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:02 am

The one I bought in Spain recently was default German but could select any european country and automatically scanned and sorted the available channels in my area so I assume they all work the same

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:02 am

Thanks for all the replies - it sounds like it should work from what you say.