changes in weather

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

changes in weather

Postby juliesteve&joe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:41 pm

Sorry if this seems an odd question. We move in 2 weeks (yipee!), and we are trying to work out dates for people coming to see us. My Mother-In-Law doesnt like the heat, so my question is this.....
Although I apprecitae there will be regional differences, (we are Iznajar area), could someone give me a rough idea of the changes in weather for each month. When does it start to get cooler/warmer etc. Any help appreciated.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:09 pm

It seems to me that he weather is not what it used to be.. but...the hottest months are June to September ..coldest December to March.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:24 pm

Is this not one of the many things you would have checked out before deciding to relocate to Spain? Clearly not, so you may find July to September and Jan to Feb a bit of a shock! :?

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:16 pm

Masterob, Maybe just maybe, we are not moving to Spain purely for the weather!!
We do realise how hot it can get, and also how cold it can get, but were looking for an estimate of when the hot weather diminishes and the cold creeps in. Thanks for your informative reply though! Julie

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:09 pm

The weather tends to become a little less humid and not quite so hot from September (hopefully). I always say flip flop weather lasts into October, which is usually when the rain starts. It will be cooling down considerably then and probably quite pleasant for someone who doesn't like the heat. I would say that from April it starts to warm up again, with the humidity seeming to start on the first day of July!
Iznajar can be quite cold in the winter, particularly at night.(sabanas termicas are a godsend). Jan and Feb, can be cool out of the sun, but when it shines it's perfect sunbathing weather.
Hope this gives you a rough idea, it's the best I can remember from when we had a holiday home in that area.

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Thank you Marina & Silver. That gives me somehting to go with. We were thinking October may be good, so I think we will opt for then.

soegaard
Tourist

Weather data for Malaga

Postby soegaard » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:43 am

I guess this is what you are after:

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/verden/verd ... ame=Malaga

Unfortunately it's in Danish, but the lower graphic shows the average amount of rain (blue) and the average day (red) and night temperature (green) for each month.

The figure at the bottom shows the amount of sun hours.

Hope you can read it.

Jens-Kristian

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:12 am

Our first year here our area had 2 or 3 weeks of what the locals called gotta fria (sp?). in September or October.

With the extreme heat this year maybe it will return?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:39 am

Bongtrees wrote:Our first year here our area had 2 or 3 weeks of what the locals called gotta fria (sp?). in September or October.

With the extreme heat this year maybe it will return?
The Gota Fria is a weather phenomenon mainly occurring on the east coast.

One thing that affects its severity is the sea temperature. This year it has been unusually high - over 30c on the Costa Blanca.

They could be in for a very wet time later this year!

Sid

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:35 am

we are not moving to Spain purely for the weather!!
Maybe not, but you obviously do know it gets hot over here.

Seems strange to me that you wait until 2 weeks before moving before finding out a bit more about it.

Good luck with the move anyway.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:43 am

We used to live not far from Iznajar and we always found October a very ´comfortable´ month. The only thing was there was more rain! But at least it was warm rain and did not last that long. :lol:

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:44 pm

Seems strange to me that you wait until 2 weeks before moving before finding out a bit more about it.
Why does this seem strange. If the weather being hot or cold to me is of no particular worry, and I stated i was trying to find out for someone elses visit, then why should it seem "strange" to you???

Thanks for the luck though!