dog rescue, malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

dog rescue, malaga

Postby Ulli » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi,

could you please help me find information on dog rescue places (charity) not too far from Malaga. I am looking for websites but can't find :cry: .

I did find ACE but isn't there one called PAWS aswell?

Thanks
Ulli
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 pm

There is PAD which is Fuengirola based, most of them network with one another so you could try asking any.

Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ulli » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Thank you.

I thought I remebered one called PAWS but I could be confused with PAD. I have tried to google but can't find it, do you possibly know the website? I would be ever so greatful for the help.

Thank you

Ulli

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:15 pm

A.A.A.(Amigos de Animales Abandonados) 952 771 586/952 860 777
A.C.E. (Animal Compassion Espana) www.ace-charity.org 610 752 350/679 212 131
A.D.A.N.A. 952 806 992
C.A.S. 952 523 607
P.A.D. 952 486 084
Salvad a los animales 667 529 041
S.O.S. 620 782 484

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:18 pm

I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

prime mover

Postby prime mover » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:37 pm

Babby, interesting subject this, I found, a few weeks ago a site which allows you to adopt impounded/rescued/abandoned dogs, but I've lost the info anyone help!

gente
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby gente » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 am

This is the website for pads in Fuengirola :lol:

http://www.padcatsanddogs.org

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:18 am

Isnt it interesting how people seem more willing to adopt animals, donate to animal charities than ones for humans?

Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ulli » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am

In my case there is a good reason...

I had a dog from Battersea dogs home in London and then I went to go traveling the world. I asked my mom if she would look after my dogs whilst I was away which she was fine with. Then my my mom had a stroke 3 yrs ago and she somewhat recovered some serious therapy but what she was affected by worst was Aphasia which is a speech impediment. Now, had she not had "Rocky" she would not be where she is today. She talks to him every day and all the time and she has to take him out etc etc which leads to her practicing her speech and also getting out of the house.

I have been back for 2 yrs (I also came back when she had the stroke) and never once did I consider asking for the dog back. I can see he is her lifeline and he makes her so happy, instead I got another rescue dog for myself :)

It is amazing what animals can do for people and in my humble opinion it is terrible that in many places they get no government aid to help those suffering effects from what humans have done to them :cry: .

Thank you all for your help in finding those websites for me!

Finally I would just like to add that all reasons for helping/donating are good reasons, just so that I don't get knocked for that comment :lol:

All the best

Ulli

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:35 am

daneinspain wrote:Isnt it interesting how people seem more willing to adopt animals, donate to animal charities than ones for humans?
Animals/pets in general give more than they receive. They rarely let you down, are always there when you need them and are always good company. The same can't always be said for humans. :roll:

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:19 am

Ulli, there is a dog rescue centre called PAWS but it's in the Almeria region http://www.paws-patas.org/index.html Maybe this is the one you had heard of?

Spingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Spingo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Isnt it interesting how people seem more willing to adopt animals, donate to animal charities than ones for humans?
Are they? It's strange then that people desperately wanting to adopt children have so much difficulty with long waiting lists. I also don't remember ever seeing a charity telethon for animals where viewers donate millions in one night as they do for example with Comic Relief or Children in Need.

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 pm

daneinspain wrote:Isnt it interesting how people seem more willing to adopt animals, donate to animal charities than ones for humans?
It's cheaper and they don't last as long.

prime mover

Postby prime mover » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Good comments Spanish hopes, I would sum it up inthese few words animals can be trusted!!

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:47 pm

Try telling that to the victims of the recent child attacks by dogs in the UK. One dead and another had half his face ripped off.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:28 pm

These attacks are the result of bad owners not bad dogs. How many times have you seen some halfwit setting his/her dog on another animal by gleefully shouting 'cats'! to wind the dog up into a frenzy in which it will try to please the owner.
With the exception of say a brain tumour or some similar medical complaint, a well trained animal will not attack willy nilly.

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:32 pm

spanish hopes wrote:
Valencia_Paul wrote:
prime mover wrote:Good comments Spanish hopes, I would sum it up inthese few words animals can be trusted!!
Try telling that to the victims of the recent child attacks by dogs in the UK. One dead and another had half his face ripped off.
How many times have you seen some halfwit setting his/her dog on another animal by gleefully shouting 'cats'! to wind the dog up into a frenzy in which it will try to please the owner.
Er never. Where do you live?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm

I have seen it many times. I do not mean actually letting the dog go to attack a cat, just holding it on it's lead tormenting it thinking it is funny.
Of course you knew what I meant but decided to torment, thinking it is funny. :roll:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:43 pm

Yes you are right spanish, I agree.