La Herradura recommendations

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
casita-bonita
Resident

La Herradura recommendations

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Probably one for Cid, but all suggestions welcome.

A couple of friends have moved to la Herradura. Never been there until we dropped them off at home last night after a fine meal at my favorite Indian in Nerja. Had to resort to satnav to find our way out again as we couldn't see any road signs to give us a clue which turning to take to make our escape.

Anyways, looking for restaurant recommendations, any/all types of cuisine. TIA.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: La Herradura recommendations

Postby El Cid » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 pm

The road out is closed at the momen so the road in is 2 way - great confusion! Normally it is the first road to the left after the new roundabout/fountain, coming from the west.

Some very nice restaurants to try.

La Sardina, on the beach at the bottom of the entrance road. Good seafood, lovely setting. Good service.

Nueva Arenas, about halfway along towards the west. Really nice food, amazing friendly service from the family staff. Excellent menu del da for 13.50 with plenty of choice, all good. Home made desserts, unusual in a lot of restaurants as they are usually bought in. Closed Monday.

No 20. About 200 metres along the front towards the east. Very good English chef. Good menu del día at about €16 with a choice of about 4 dishes for each course, changed daily. A la carta in the evenings. Closed at the moment on Monday and Tuesday.

Two Italian restaurants almost at the end of the beach road going east. Realengo and La Venetzia. Nothing special but good food and good value.

Extreme west end of the beach there are a few. Chamboa de Vincente. Lovely position, built into the racks right at the end of the beach. Distinto across the road and Mar Dela. All pretty average but OK.

My choice would be No 20, La Sardina and Nueva Arenas - all equally good.

We are spoilt for choice. Apart from the places I have mentioned, there are probably another 20, all in a 2km stretch of beach.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Many thanks Sid. I'll pass your recommendations on.

I thought it was some nefarious plot to increase the population of la Herradura :-). Seems i should have ignored the no entry signs by the fountain...
Regards

Bob

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am

What about Tartana Sid? Never eaten there but stayed in there hotel years ago. The hotel food was top class.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:09 am

I ate there a few times some years ago. Lovely setting but the food started to go downhill. They sacked the chef and the guy that now runs No 20 took over. I dont know if they are even open now. I did hear that it was up for sale.

Sid