where to buy unshelled raw peanuts?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

where to buy unshelled raw peanuts?

Postby qe2ex » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:03 pm

I've been looking so far without luck for unshelled raw peanuts (for making peanut butter).

Anyone have some tips on where I can find them? Not too far from Benalmadena preferably.

Thanks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: where to buy unshelled raw peanuts?

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Why not just buy some peanut butter? Is the homemade stuff any better? There was a TV program about it last week and the commercial product was literally raw peanuts in a blender - nothing else added.

Sid

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Back in Norway I bought brands that are 99.3 or 99.4% peanut (the remainder being salt) in regular grocery shops, but here I've not seen anything like that so far, only stuff that has sugar and/or other things added to it. Given up looking now to tell the truth. Like you saw, making peanut butter is a pretty easy thing to do and does not take long, and it also makes it possible to experiment a little with the taste sometimes (e.g., add a bit of cashew or hazelnuts) for some variation.

I'm guessing there are "health shops" here where I could find better peanut butter, but have not had time to look for those yet.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:47 pm

qe2ex wrote:I've been looking so far without luck for unshelled raw peanuts (for making peanut butter).

Anyone have some tips on where I can find them? Not too far from Benalmadena preferably.

Thanks.

Try Fuengirola market on a tuesday. You can buy everything there.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:18 pm

qe2ex wrote:I've been looking so far without luck for unshelled raw peanuts (for making peanut butter).

Thanks.

Hi, I don't know if you have scourced you unshelled peanuts yet but they have them in Aldi, In my local Aldi in Torrox anyway !

As a professional cook I would suggest you just use plain, unsalted SHELLED penuts, you'll find it much faster and easier !

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Supersol stock them. Saw them together with the other nuts (fruits secos) Packed in bags on the periphary of the fresh fruit and veg.

Return to “Food, Drink, Recipes & Gastronomy”