Bench top halogen oven (JML type)

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
allgram
Resident

Bench top halogen oven (JML type)

Postby allgram » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:53 am

Hello, Anyone got some info on these, my wife and i retire soon and are moving to Competa and do not have a conventional oven in our house, we think that this will be the answer for us, where can we buy one ? around the Competa area, thank you. allgram.

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bench top halogen oven (JML type)

Postby Anntonio » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Seems everytime I switch on the TV here (top set box) there is an addvert/demo for this oven, but has it comes from the uk prob better getting one there. Don't know if it would be anygood for me as on solar.Plenty of info here that will help to ship from uk though.Ho and welcome to Spain.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:55 pm

There is a JML stockist at Campillos.
The halogen oven is shown on their website.
PM me if you want details of the website.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:38 am

Have been reading site for a while but this is my first post here.
We brought one of these JML ovens back from UK on last visit.
The best thing I ever bought. I hate using the conventional oven in the summer as the villa gets so hot.
The meat cooks beautifully, much more flavour and less dry. Roast potatoes great, and jacket.
Not tried a lot of vegetables yet but still experimenting. On a hot day we just plug it in on our porch and watch our dinner cook. Really easy to clean as well. Have been told it makes super yorkshire puds but not tried it yet.
They had them for sale on the La Trocha market yesterday for 90 euros. We paid about £50 from JML.
The one on the market had a metal height extension with it so you could cook more.

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:32 pm

I have been looking at these ovens for a while now and thinking of getting one.
Avellana, could you please PM me the address of the website in Campillos?
Murbisa, you said that you saw the ovens in La Trocha market and I understand from your post that it was on Thursday 2nd. Is the market open only on Thursdays or other times?
Thanks, Kamila

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Kamila, the market is there on a Sunday morning. Not so may stalls on a Thursday, but a lot bigger on a Sunday. We cook most of our meals in this oven now and since I bought it we have not used the conventional oven at all.

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Thank you murbisa for the reply. I think I will get one. You said that in the market is one with a metal extension. Which one do you have? How big is your cooker? I have been looking at "selly telly" at them and I gathered that there are various sizes so I don't know what to get. I cook a lot so I would like to get the biggest one. Have you cooked your Yorkshire puds in it? I bake a lot of bread and they say that it bakes bread well on TV.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 pm

I think the one on the market was the same size as mine, which is JML but it also had this metal ring which you put on the top of the glass bowl and then the lid on top of that so that you have more height. I have seen them smaller on the web, but I think these are the biggest you get.
I haven't tried the yorkshire pud yet. We are off to UK tomorrow for 10 days so will have a go when we come back.
Muriel

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:04 am

Hi Muriel, Thank you for replying so quickly. Have a great time in UK. Hope the weather will be good. I am off to see my family on Wednesday to Czech Republic so I will not be able to go and see the oven or even think about it till I'll get back.