Colacao

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
allgram
Resident

Colacao

Postby allgram » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 pm

We have been here nearly three years and still cannot make a perfect cup of Colacao,we have tried I think most combinations, powder 1st then water/milk,mix to paste pour on hot/boiling water/milk, I would be interested in other people's recipe's for this mix, please.
allgram.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: Colacao

Postby Julie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 pm

My neigbour puts the powder and milk in a pan and boils it on the stove, stirring occasionally !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

allgram
Resident

Postby allgram » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 am

Very very much better,thank you Julie.
allgram, :thumbup:

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 am

My late husband used to put the powder and some milk into the micro and watch it till almost reaches the top of my mug then add rest of milk and do same again then pour a slug of Crema Cabellero to it YUMMY

He was a scientist and said you need to burst the chocolate, I never actually wathced him but think that was hoe he did it.
Last edited by ValL on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Can i ask which milk is best for this, i always made it with water and added full dairy milk, i would also like to be better at making chocolate drinks.
I have never been able to figure out how to use the Spanish unfrigirated milk.

Many thanks

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Please excuse my ignorance - but what is Colacao? Is it some kind of chocolate type drink?
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Yes it is powder used for hot chocolate. I use the spanish milk like you would use UHT, my husband used the semi skimmed he always had to make the hot chocolate. I do not like the taste of it in anything bar cereal and the hot chocolate. No way would I drink it and the fresh milk is in too big a carton for me to drink on my own.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:28 pm

We usually use the Paladin chocolate powder. 2/3milk and 1/3 water. Heat in a saucepan and whisk. I got a little aerolatte whisk in Lakeland when I was in the UK that you can use in a cup or small saucepan and this makes it really smooth.

allgram
Resident

Postby allgram » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you all for your suggestions,I/we have now got the perfect recipe, stir the amount into the cup,aw man how easy is that, after all the ........ around we did with mixing it into a paste in varying degrees of stiffness,anyway all sorted now,had the perfect Colacao yesterday mmmmmmmmmmmm.
allgram.