Living in Martos

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
issiell
Tourist

Living in Martos

Postby issiell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:39 am

Hello Forum Members,
I am an Australian who moved to Spain to live permanently in March 2013.
I am retired from the Art and International Auction world.
It is a wonderful country and I feel very blessed to have wonderful neighbours and I have made lots of Spanish friends. However, it would be wonderful to speak English from time to time!
Are there any English speakers living in or near Martos, [Jaen Province ] that would like to meet for a coffee or a drink?
Please contact me if you are out there!
Thank you,
Issiell

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Living in Martos

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 am

Hi issiell,
Welcome to The Forum.................. :D

There are a few members in your area who pop in from time to time............hopefully they will get in touch.

If you get no response I'd be happy to chat via Skype, or if you have transport, meet you half way at a bar ............ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:21 am

I have friends who recently bought a village house in Martos. I visited last Novemeber; really nice town. They don't live there but visit two or three times a year.

If you PM me your email address I will pass it on. Jane is an artist.

issiell
Tourist

Postby issiell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Thank you for your reply Enrique,
I don't have transport [ I rely on public transport] and am not connected to Skype either...mainly because I am not very good with IT and it got a bit technical when I tried to connect, so I am waiting for some one to visit to give me a hand! I sound hopeless, I know!
If you are ever in this neck of the woods please contact me and we could meet for a chat.
Issiell

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:10 am

issiell,
Welcome !

There are I'm sure many English speaking people in your area, but I think most of them are probably 'campo dwellers', so you are only likely to meet up with them when they are shopping etc.
I don't know if you have many supermarkets near you, in particular Lidl, if so you can almost guarantee that you will meet 'Brits' etc there.!
Most of them will be approachable if you stop and chat with them and ask 'what's on' and I'm sure they will guide you, however be wary who you make friends with.!
Other places to check out are car boot sales, Spanish lessons,craft fairs and there will be a bar or two where Brits congregate, but you are a bit restricted if you don't have transport so perhaps you could get one of your Spanish friends to take you to a car boot sale, I know that there are some in your area.

Anyway you've made a good move by joining 'A' Com Forum, plenty of 'chatty' and sometimes 'catty' people here. :wave:

Regards,
Gordon

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

Anyway you've made a good move by joining 'A' Com Forum, plenty of 'chatty' and sometimes 'catty' people here. :wave:

Even some multi personalities :lol:

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 pm

:lol: :lol:

andygwen04
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby andygwen04 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Issiell,
my partner and I go to Martos 1-2 twice a week, we live 9km South of you. Would love to meet up for a chat one day.

Regards

Andy & Gwen

issiell
Tourist

Postby issiell » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Andy and Gwen,
That sounds terrific shall I PM you with my contact details, then you can call when it is convenient?
Thank you for responding.
Issiell

andygwen04
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby andygwen04 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Issiell,
please PM us with your details

Andy