Restaurant in Motril

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
alisonb
Resident

Restaurant in Motril

Postby alisonb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm

At the beginning of august, we're meeting two elderly ladies who will be coming to Motril on their cruise ship for a day. The suggested excursions are either Granada or Nerja, but they've been to both of these several times. Can anyone recommend a restaurant, either in Motril or within 10 miles where we can take them for lunch? We would like it to be Spanish. They are 86 and 90, although at least as fit as I am! I would prefer it not to be on a busy stretch of coast as I'm aware that it will be full of spaniards in August, and we'd like to be able to park.
AlisonB

william svan
Tourist

Re: Restaurant in Motril

Postby william svan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 am

No tourist place… Motril i don't know but if granada is still on the list try cortijo La matanza. Excellent place just outside town!! go saturday or sunday and you will find only spanish families. go there at 2 or 3 and make una reserva!!! you can find them via google, good luck!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Restaurant in Motril

Postby costakid » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 am

A bit more than ten miles but Jete and Otivar inland from Almuñécar are nice. Not sure which village it is but one of them has a fantastic meat restaurant on the edge of the village with a beautiful terrace.
The only thing is it will be very hot inland in August so the coast may be a better option as they are old and the heat may be an issue. If on coast I would take them to Almuñécar.