Lovely meat.

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
luckyjim
Resident

Lovely meat.

Postby luckyjim » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:48 pm

I have just had a delivery from Ye Olde Butchery. Great delivery and service. Delicious looking meat at reasonable prices. Look them up on Facebook.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Lovely meat.

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Tell us where you are, lucky jim, there's nothing in your profile

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:38 pm

Google says Alhaurin E G

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:10 am

I am in the Torre, velez, area. The butchers are up to the west of Malaga and seem to travel all over the place.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 am

Just had my first delivery last night too .... will be trying the sausages tonight. I bought a brisket for a long slow cook over this coming weekend which is due to be very cold, so looking forward to that. Also got a gammon ham which I am freezing for cooking nearer to Christmas.

We eat very little meat in the summer but once it gets cold it's back to slow cooked stews and comfort food and it's difficult to get the English style cuts of meat here. Martin the butcher delivers all over this area from Alhaurin and said that his deliveries on this eastern side of Malaga are booming. You'll find him via Google.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Where do you meet him Mrs W?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Usual meeting place by the football ground but he also goes into the pueblo and then up to Competa so would probably meet people at other points on his journey.

A funny thing happened as he rang us in a panic saying that someone had told him he was in the 'wrong place'. A man with an American accent stopped by him and asked what he was doing there (I would have told him to mind his own business). When the butcher said he was waiting to meet someone the 'American' said "no-one meets anyone here - they meet at the petrol station" .... we thought it was hilarious that someone had said that as the football ground has been known as a meeting place for deliveries for years. What a strange person (the 'American', not the butcher :lol: )

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Had the sausages last night, very good. Also he told me that he does brisket and would salt it for me. Salt beef sandwich YUM. Martin delivered straight to my door.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 pm

A bit more accuracy with English would be good - "Ye Olde Butchery" is in Derbyshire and does not deliver East of Malaga
Ye Ole Butchery however, does! :evil:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 am

If you want to splash out a bit for Christmas, order fore rib of beef from him - excellent roast, cut Uk style.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:05 am

p.s. his Barnsley chops are divine also. For those unacquainted, it is a lamb chop cut butterfly style so you have two thick chops.
I used to order meat from him many years ago when we ran a bar, lucky clientele, eh ? This was prior to his shop in Alhaurin el Grande. He is a very experienced and well skilled butcher, old school, and his suppliers are also great. I wish him well, he deserves it.