home made soya yoghourt?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

home made soya yoghourt?

Postby gavilan » Mon May 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Has anyone made their own yoghourt from soy milk? ... and what is the 'starter' called in Spanish? ... any advice/info/suggestions gratefully received ...

truebrit
Resident

Re: home made soya yoghourt?

Postby truebrit » Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Ok before I tell you this I must say I have never tried it but know it to be a fact. Once you have heated your soya milk(not boiled) take twenty stalks from chilli peppers which have been washed thoroughly, put them into a piece of muslin and tie up. Then infuse this into the milk. Look into it. Just found the article. You will find it at .....live2cook.wordpress.com. Good luck

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:29 am

Gav, did you make this? We too want to know what the "starter" is called in Spanish, but so far no joy.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:46 am

ashtondav ... no I havent tried it yet ... when I first looked at that link from truebrit, it came up with a page about making buckwheat pasta and when I searched for 'yoghourt' ... nothing found ... so assumed it was a joke .. then today after your question, i thought to search using a different spelling 'yogurt' ... that comes up with the article truebrit was talking about ... so now to collect green chilli pepper stalks ... and also many apologies and thanks to truebrit!

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:11 am

If I had been better at this stuff i would have sent you the link, but gave up after two attempts. Hope it works fir you, good luck.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 am

Hi,
In an idle search came across this..................

https://live2cook.wordpress.com/?s=yog& ... tton=go%21
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am

Sorry dont know where you live so this might be of no use to you.....the translation I have been given is.....cultivo iniciadoror de yogur. Also I was given a recommendation to try Naturhouse health food shop. They do loads of health food products in fresh food. There is one here in Velez. Maybe worth looking into.