Fish Wholesalers?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Simon Mac

Fish Wholesalers?

Postby Simon Mac » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:45 am

Does any body know of, or have contacts for any fish wholesalers in the Malaga area please?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fish Wholesalers?

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:58 am

The main market in the centre of Malaga has enough fresh fish to feed the 5000

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:22 am

There are a number of them listed here (mercados mayoristas de pescados y mariscos):-

http://www.mercamalaga.es/empresas_pescadosj.php

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:44 am

If you really want to buy in Baulk - go to the local Puerta fish market early.
The fish is sold , Dutch Auction Style, in individual boxes, displayed on a scales (usually)
If your not up to the Angst of bidding yourself - ask a local bidder to bid on your behalf (they are usually a pretty Friendly crew) though they might 'jack you a few Euros for their trouble
At the minute there are John Dory, trigger fish, Bream, and bonito the main varieties, though the other week there were sole and halibut

Simon Mac

Postby Simon Mac » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:37 am

Thank you everyone, you have been a great help.

I will be in the Malaga area from Wednesday 28th for 8 days . My background is in fish processing and smoking. I have won many top International awards over the past 32 years in food smoking . I am now involved in consultancy work, setting up smokehouses, product development , staff training, marketing and HACCP related issues. I have headed a number of EU projects in this field, and am keen to help develop new projects in Andalusia. Any scale of project from the small artisan traditional style smoker to large commercial developments recieve the same level of commitment from me. The emphasis is on creating quality, employment and new skills for my clients. If you are interested or know of someone or company who would benefit from my added value skills, please let me know. Either through this forum or by emailing me at [email protected]. Thank you.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:04 am

Slightly misleading first post. You would have been better being up front. You made it sound like you wanted to buy fish not set up a business extension.