Goa Town, Indian restaurant

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Goa Town, Indian restaurant

Postby PavAmber » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:42 pm

There is another one in Puente don Manuel. I think it is called Indian Palace. Any good?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Some people have said they enjoyed it, but when we went the only plus point was if you just wanted a lot. There were a few pans of different meats, and bowls of sauces of varying spicyness that you just dolloped on. Not exactly Indian cuisine.....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Went to the Goa Town last night.
Got there just after 7:30 PM was going to eat later but it seemed to be filling up, only 9 tables to seat a total of 34 people. It was full by 8:00 PM and they were turning people away.
Quite a small place with no outside eating area. Seemed to lack atmosphere, non of the usual Indian decorations. Customers seemed to be entirely British.
Three waiters on duty so service was quick and efficient.
More dishes on the menu than most Indian restaurants. No side dishes on the menu as we like a couple of smallish side dishes to go with the main meals and rice.
We ordered three main dishes, a chicken dish, a lamb dish and a vegetable dish and one rice, a nan bread, a bottle of wine and a bottle of water. Total cost €44.
Pappadums and pickle are provided free.
Food was quite good but not significantly better than we've had in other Indian restaurants.
When we past it at 10:30 PM it was completely empty.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Sounding like it's not worth making the trip to Nerja for. If we did and it wasn't that good I'd just be disappointed that I'd missed out on a great meal at the Jaipur again.

Buddah house tonight, sure of good food there.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Bob
Why don't you try it and maker up your own mind?
What I said was just my opinion.
I like the Taj Mahal in Torre del Mar. You, by your comments previously, didn't like it.
Perhaps our tastes differ?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey Jerry, everybody to their own, and you are quite right on my opinion of the Taj, both dishes tasted the same and rather bland inspite of ordering one of them hot and the other medium. On the plus side the keema naan was excellent. But one piece of bread does not a meal make :-)

The Goa, think maybe I'll leave that a little while and if it's still there in a few months time then maybe give it a try. After all a lot of these places come and go in a relatively short space of time. Not that many are good enough to survive long term. In the meantime I'll enjoy the food at my two tried and tested favourites...
Regards

Bob