Xmas Dinner

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:47 pm

at least it created some banter!

Last year we had an xmas meal in a chino hardly festive but very cheap.

I am booked and ready (Flight wise) just need a venue for dinner.

I am very sorry Casa Kontiki has closed, always sad to see a bar/restaurant close

regards

El Al

sx
Tourist

Postby sx » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:58 pm

It has now reopened, and by the way the chef is cordon bleu trained
so maybe he is good at meat and two veg! Perhaps try it before you judge!
What was the man who first found out how to milk a cow REALLY up to?

cannydanny

Postby cannydanny » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:29 am

Anonymous wrote:I hear finnish food is quite delicious
Hello "guest" (ohh, I wonder who that is??), I think you're trying to flush out that Mysterious fellow who can't be caught, aren't you!!

Anyway pal, I went to Finland several years ago, on a multi-nation nato training exercise, I can absolutely gaurantee you that finnish food tastes like horsesh#t, most of it anyway, we stayed in a barracks in the middle of nowhere, no bar, no women, no fun and the food (which we were told, the kitchen had gone to a great deal of trouble to produce) was absolute kak, in Finland they will try to tell you that beetroot is a delicasy and the idiots in restaurants pay for it!!!!
Don't go there unless you take your own grub, btw Swedish and Norwegian food is also sh#te!

cannydanny

Postby cannydanny » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:37 am

festival wrote:
diaper bob wrote:how did the brits make it any worse ?
The brits seem to turn this very fine restaurant serving fine Scandinavian food into the usual boring British restaurant serving the famous British diet of roast meat and two veg.! I'm not surprised so many are going under!
Festival "fine scandinavian food" is an oxymoron!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:48 am

ajo blanco its only a peasant soup ok. but not gourmet.
Katy ..I did quote Gourmets because there is an international gourmets club..it is they who have claimed ajo blanco as one of the top ten world gourmet food.
Only snobs would snub peasant food..What wrong with a cornish pasty..or perhaps that is food of the kings. OK
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:51 am

YUK, many English use this expression for snails and frogs legs.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Or even frozen parsnips !!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:19 pm

No, I wasn't being a snob, I eat it sometimes but just meant its nothing special. Gourmet food to me is menus that have a list of whats in the meal a little bit of this and that. eg. In an Italian last week in Barcelona they did wonderful variations of stuffed ravioli. I eat Spanish foods but there isn't much any different to tickle the taste buds, most of them haven't changed their menus for years