Xmas Dinner

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.

Xmas Dinner

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 am

Hola,
I am out to my apt over xmas can anybody reccommend a good xmas dinner venue for 4 in the los bolices, Fuengirola, Torreblanca area of the CDS, I am in Los Pacos.

muchas gracias amigos

El Al :D

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:47 am

xmas dinner... English style.. lunch 25th
or Spanish style dinner 24th :?:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Xmas Dinner

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:44 pm

El Al wrote:... can anybody reccommend a good xmas dinner venue ...
Yes, my house but, sorry, we're not open to the public. :D

Xmas dinner

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:04 pm

English (sorry) on the 25th

thanks
El Al

sx
Tourist

Postby sx » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:08 am

Try Casa Kontiki in Los Boliches, ask for Terry (English but cares about food ) not sure if he is open Christmas so check first.
What was the man who first found out how to milk a cow REALLY up to?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:04 pm

sx wrote:Try Casa Kontiki in Los Boliches, ask for Terry (English but cares about food ) not sure if he is open Christmas so check first.
Are you implying that the English don't usually care about food?

sx
Tourist

Postby sx » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 pm

mmm well mostly yes I am
What was the man who first found out how to milk a cow REALLY up to?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:02 am

hay muchos sitios que puede vas para tomar una comida de navidad.. pero tambien var a estar carrisimo tio :(

el año passado fui a una resturante inglès para comida.. y pagamos 70€ cada persona, mas bebidas. :shock:

in short, look about, theres loads of places offering christmas dinner, but they are going to be 70-100€ a head.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

festival
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby festival » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:58 am

sx wrote:Try Casa Kontiki in Los Boliches, ask for Terry (English but cares about food ) not sure if he is open Christmas so check first.
You had better check first as it looks as though "Casa Kontiki" have gone out of business! its such a shame as it was such a great place to eat till the brits took it over.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:55 am

how did the brits make it any worse ?

festival
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby festival » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:09 am

diaper bob wrote:how did the brits make it any worse ?
The brits seem to turn this very fine restaurant serving fine Scandinavian food into the usual boring British restaurant serving the famous British diet of roast meat and two veg.! I'm not surprised so many are going under!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:41 am

I have always found Scandinavian food boring and much of it uneatable, but thats down to individual preferences. As for roast and two veg- isn't that what xmas dinner is about, traditional stuff, every nation has its own preferences and if I wanted an xmas meal I would choose a Brit owned place. Mijas Playa is excellent for xmas, probably been booked up since August though. Wherever you choose one thing is sure, it will be overpriced.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:18 pm

festival wrote:
diaper bob wrote:how did the brits make it any worse ?
The brits seem to turn this very fine restaurant serving fine Scandinavian food into the usual boring British restaurant serving the famous British diet of roast meat and two veg.! I'm not surprised so many are going under!
well thats your oppinion and you are entitled to it but as an English man married for 12 yrs to a swedish woman I can safely say that after German food Swedish/Norwegen is the most bland I have ever tasted.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:31 pm

Everyone's taste in food is different, I personally think French food is incredibly tasty and Spanish Food is one of the worst.
Friends of mine have just returned from China on Business and they where served Duck complete with head and feet!! YUK, had to chew on rubbery feet , so as not to offend there hosts :shock: :shock:
Lorraine

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:42 pm

Spanish Food is one of the worst.
Everyone's taste in food is different but Spanish food is well on top of the worlds top Gourmet foods...thats fact..not my opinion.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:17 pm

I hear finnish food is quite delicious

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:23 pm

I don't think spain is on the gourmet list, would prefer French anytime. Micheal Winner says he wouldn't eat most of it :lol: I like paella but even that can get boring.Sauces all taste the same except for garlic and nearly every salad is smothered in bottled mayonnaise. Almost every menu in Spain is the same, lots of pork, chips no veg or its frozen. Study the eyes on the fish in the freezer cases its very rarely fresh.

I have a lot of books on mediterranean cooking and they don't mention spain much unless you buy a spanish book here.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:08 pm

katy
I don't think spain is on the gourmet list
what you think has nothing to do with facts... try Ajo Blanco
Sauces all taste the same except for garlic and nearly every salad is smothered in bottled mayonnaise. Almost every menu in Spain is the same, lots of pork, chips no veg or its frozen. Study the eyes on the fish in the freezer cases its very rarely fresh.
Where do you eat? none of this is spanish cooking...it might be what Spanish think English like..except for garlic
the Spanish and the French do use garlic a lot.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:40 pm

May not be Spanish cooking but its on the menu at all the spanish places (including inland) ajo blanco its only a peasant soup ok. but not gourmet.

festival
Andalucia.com Amigo

Xmas Dinner

Postby festival » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:08 pm

EL AL do you see what you have started! I think you would be better to stay away this Christmas!! till we have had a chance to find somewhere to recommend!! but I hear all the best places are already booked!