Halal products

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Sad K

Halal products

Postby Sad K » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:09 pm

Does anyone know where to obtain Halal products in The Mãlaga area or within a 15k radius?

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:23 am

There is a Halal shop/Butchers by the Bus Station at Torre del Mar.

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:00 am

Thank you Brenda

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:04 am

There is a Halal butcher in Torremolinos not far from the bus station called carniceria Jim.

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:18 am

Kamila wrote:There is a Halal butcher in Torremolinos not far from the bus station called carniceria Jim.
Thank you also Kamila, sorry to be a pain but you wouldn't happen to know of the nearest Mosque (to Malaga) would you?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:51 am

Malaga town Mosque..the is a new one..lovely building....Calle Ing de la torre Acosta, just North of the bridge.. Puente de las Americas...and Calle Rosas had a halal meat butchers..but not sure if its still there.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 am

silver wrote:Malaga town Mosque..the is a new one..lovely building....Calle Ing de la torre Acosta, just North of the bridge.. Puente de las Americas...and Calle Rosas had a halal meat butchers..but not sure if its still there.
Great site this, Thank you all.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:38 pm

why can't you eat normal Spanish meat?

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:51 pm

BigRedChorizo wrote:why can't you eat normal Spanish meat?
Perhaps you shoul re-read the question Big red, he didn't mention meat, he just asked where one could obtain "Halal" products!

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:14 pm

Sorry Helmet.

Its just that every one else was mentioning butchers so i assumed meat, silly me. OK assuming SadK want halal products for consummation why can't he/she consume Spanish products?

PS check your "D" key.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:26 pm

He can eat Spanish products, but I assume from his email address that he's a muslim, the food he consumes must be halal, that is I believe prepared according to Islamic law, why don't we ask him, Sad K ?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:27 am

Whats halal? how does the food have to be prepared?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Go to google and type in Halal!

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:45 pm

Certain foods are known under Islamic law as "Halal" this term means lawful or allowable, as opposed to "Haram" which is unlawful or disallowed, the obvious one being pork meat.
The term "Halal" does not refer exclusively to meat, for example many nuts, vegetables, friut and many kinds of fruit are naturally "Halal" and need no preperation.
For a muslim it's simply easier to buy everything one needs from a "Halal" supplier, then you know for sure that it's pure, in our world anyway, hope this clears things up a bit, Sad K.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:47 pm

Hello Sad K.

What is it that makes food "halal" or "haram"?

Syd Barrett, I tried Google but mainly got the answer that Sad K gave and a lot of pages on whether slaughter methods where humane or not.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:14 pm

Chubby Brown wrote:Why, read the previous post bonny lad!
I'm just a dumb northerner and even I can understand that
Forgive my ignorance but i feel you are selling yourself short if you think you are dumb, for I cannot see for the life of me where in the post it says What is it that makes food "halal" or "haram"
maybe you could point it out to me oh wise one.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:32 pm

Vern, I believe Sad K gave the answer a short while ago, or are you asking him to recite word for word the the rites of blessing?''I checked this out on google and the answers were very clear, are you tyring to play the race card here?

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:54 am

Syd Barrett wrote:Vern, I believe Sad K gave the answer a short while ago, or are you asking him to recite word for word the the rites of blessing?''I checked this out on google and the answers were very clear, are you tyring to play the race card here?
Oh dear, here we go again with the "R" word.. But isn't Islam multiracial?

Syd could you quote for me where Sad K gave the answer?

For example could something that is "haram" be made "halal"? if it can how is it done. If not why not?

Syd please stop going on about google unless you want to go through every post on this forum that asks a resident "expert" a question and direct then to google.

Sad K
Please don't let the *beep* stirrers turn this into something it isn't.

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:45 am

to answer this question fully would take many hours of explanation and a lot of forum space, Might I suggest that anyone wishing to understand more fully the various aspects of Islam go to www.understanding-islam.com. good luck with it, Sad K.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:23 pm

I dont know a lot about this, but here is some basic information.
Halal has to be grown/picked/slautered acording to their religion regardless of the country it grew/lived.
Haram is forbiden...I dont think that can change, but there might be a clause in their rules that covers unavoidable situations.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.