Chuffy?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
MarkF
Resident

Chuffy?

Postby MarkF » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:14 pm

In September I got hooked on a drink called Chuufy, at least I think it was called that. :) Some sort of flavoured milk drink, maybe cinnamon? I have a huge craving for it, can I get it in the UK?

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:20 pm

Think you mean Chufa (Horchata) - Tiger Nut based drink (sometimes Rice or Carob based too). Plentry of recipes if you search on web for Horchata. Delicious - and excellent remedy for stomach upsets and hangovers too!

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:29 pm

"Supreme head of internal training" Hhmmm, go on then, what the hell is that? :D What's the mexican drink? I will be up for that!

Brenda, Chufa! that's it, thanks for the info.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:05 pm

xxxx wrote:Well Mark, the Drink to which the ladies are referring to is the Spanish version of "Horchata", originally a Spanish drink, it was hijacked my some Mexican hombres, they exchange the tigernuts for rice and also add lime, down Tijuana way they serve it in the bars with, yes you've guessed it, "Jose Cuervo," what I really wanted to point out was that the mexican version of "Horchata" doesn't taste anything like the original Spanish version!
Ok, maybe not, but that also sounds like a drink I could get to like. :D

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:05 am

Horchata de chufa is easy to make..if you can find tiger nuts soak in water overnight then liquidize in a blender with fresh water and sugar, sieve and put liquid in freezer till slushy.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.