Low fat cooking spray!

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
askrigg
Tourist

Low fat cooking spray!

Postby askrigg » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:08 am

I have just started on a weight decreasing programme! Five years of living in Spain have piled on the pounds. :roll: All this good olive oil and Rioja :wink:
Does anyone know where I can buy Low fat oil cooking sprays? So far I have tried Supersol, Mercadona, Supercor and an online company in Madrid to no avail.

(Preferably La Linea to Fuengirola areas or by post!)

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Buy a low fat oil and a spray bottle :D but really the best would be to use less olive oil as its contribution to good health is superior. I cant imagine why a so called "low fat" oil would be better as olive oil contains the "good" cholesterol HDL. It has 9 calorie/gr the same as any other fat...with 80% HDL it is considered the ideal oil.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:11 pm

Aren't low fat Sprays described as lowfat because you are only supposed to use a couple of sprays of them? Bit like the the lowfat lowcalorie ready meals in the UK supermarket, fits on a tea plate therefore obviously low in calories cos you don't get much.
I think Silver is right, put your normal olive oil in a spray bottle use sparingly and hey presto low in fat!
I wear it well...........

askrigg
Tourist

Postby askrigg » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:38 am

I asked about the spray because it's recommended in the book supplied by the group (it seems we can't mention business names or give links on this site but I guess most people will know the group I refer to-great group leader too!) and have decided to just use less oil ! :wink:
Thanks for the advice.

Jade138
Resident

Postby Jade138 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Askrigg, another tip would be using non-stick pans/pots for frying. Not much oil is required as opposed to cooking with stainless steel.
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow