Football Training for 7-8 year olds

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Football Training for 7-8 year olds

Postby RitaW » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:47 am

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on football training for my soon to be 8 year old? We live in Riviera del Sol/Calahonda, so any nearby clubs considered. I know there is a football club in La Cala de Mijas, but I don't know if they run a junior section.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

Rita

marilou
Tourist

Postby marilou » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:05 pm

When I lived in Fuengirola my son went to a fantastic football club in Elviria. There were a lot of Spanish kids there and some other nationalities. The standard was amazing!!! They went all over to play. I am not sure of the name of the club but if you ask around someone will be able to give you more information I'm sure.

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:17 pm

Thanks Marylou. Apologies for the delay in replying, but I changed some of my member details and then couldn't log back on the the site.

Rita

ex patriot 66
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ex patriot 66 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:22 pm

I hear theres a club for youngsters in Los Boliches

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanks for that. Los Boliches is Fuengirola way -Yes?

Rita

ex patriot 66
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ex patriot 66 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 pm

yes , just before coming from Malaga direction

jamieson
Tourist

Re: Football Training for 7-8 year olds

Postby jamieson » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:50 pm

my son is 10 i am also very desparate to find a football team he can join i have heard there is one in la cala near el chapperal school with a english coach also lokking for football and other activities in the summer holidays thanks michelle

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Football Training for 7-8 year olds

Postby RitaW » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Michelle. The La Cala club is near to the El Chaparral school. It you continue past the school, take the next road on the left. Carry on to the first roundabout and the football field is up a little hill on the right. There is parking and you can sit and watch the kids train. I think the training is a Wednesday. My son went there but didn't like it. That was purely because they kept putting him in goal all the time! He is big for his age and he did turn up the first week in his goalie kit, so I think there was a bit of an assumption made and things got lost in translation. That said they were very nice to him and he was welcomed. I don't know the training times, but most early evenings someone is there to ask information. There are groups from age 5 and upward and from what I saw the training standard was quite good. I don't remember any of the coaches being able to speak English when we went there, but it was almost three years ago.

There is also football coaching in Calahonda somewhere, which I believe is run by English ex-pats. There are also good clubs in Elviria and Marbella which I am sure someone will have information on.

A bit off the football topic but there is also golf tuition for juniors given at the driving range (next to Bunkers restaurant) of Miraflores golf course. It is on Friday evenings and is 5 euros for an hour's instruction from the club Professional. They don't need anything except sturdy trainers as they give them the clubs etc. Other sports tailored to juniors is tennis and kick boxing at the Aztec sports club in Riviera Del Sol or Ju-jitsu and kick boxing at Kudo Academies in Marbella near to the La Canada shopping centre. There is also a good athletics training at the Hipodromo (horse racing course) between La Cala and Fuengirola, and the Casa de Cultura in La Cala runs dancing, judo, guitar lessons etc.

Rita