Summer School - Spanish classes for children - Nerja area

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
towella
Andalucia.com Amigo

Summer School - Spanish classes for children - Nerja area

Postby towella » Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Does anyone know of any language classes for children that are taking place over the summer holidays? My children have very basic Spanish and I would like to prepare them for school in September. I am teaching them words and phrases but I know they need more. They are aged 7 & 10 years. Alternatively are there any children of a similar age who could help them and in return I would be willing to tutor them in English and/or maths. Also when and how do you find out about activities, such as sports, for children run locally? Becuase they have not started school yet we have no contact with other parents.

Wilson25
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Wilson25 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Towella, you could try the Ayuntamiento re local activities. I picked up a leaflet from the covered pool in Nerja (by Supersol at far end of Nerja) last year re a summer school down at Burriana which looked really interesting. I know the European Soccer School is also running summer football. Luke Ogbolu is the contact on 697 915 833.
Karen

towella
Andalucia.com Amigo

Summer activities

Postby towella » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 pm

I have just found out that there is a whole programme of sports activities including a day camp on Burriana beach organised by the centro municipal deportivo - all reasonably priced. If anyone hears of any language classes please let me know. Dawn

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 am

I wouldn't advise the day camp on the Burriana beach if you want them to learn Spanish, there are always some German, English, Swedish and Spanish kids in the camp but they seem to all stick together talking in their own language.