Teenage activities in Feb: from Torrox

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
coolnotes

Teenage activities in Feb: from Torrox

Postby coolnotes » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:34 am

We are coming over to Torrox Costa for a half term week in Feb: with a 13yr old boy, and wondered if anyone can reccomend any activities / venues that might help to keep him amused with an hour or two of Torrox Costa ?

Many Thanks

Cool Notes.

Scot
Resident

Re: Teenage activities in Feb: from Torrox

Postby Scot » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Hello
There is go karting in Almayate, various scuba diving centres (at 13 probably only able to snorkel) or cinema/bowling alley at Eroski, Velez Malaga. Guess lot depends on weather! Two golf courses Anoreta and Baviera closeby. Oh and theres a small health/tennis club, when you come off the motorway at Torrox, head towards the coast, it's on the right - theres probably a small sign on the main road. Sorry it's a bit vague - if you need specific details, just let me know.

coolnotes

Postby coolnotes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 pm

:) :) Thanks for that scott, we will check the net for more details and see if the go karting and golf are available in Feb; Ive been scuba diving in Andulucia but I suspect Feb wont be warm enough for a teenager.

Cheers
Coolnotes.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Scot wrote:Hello
There is go karting in Almayate,
its closed.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 pm

the caves at Nerja and Rincon de Victoria, el Torcal with those amazing shaped rocks, Alhama de Granada hot water pools beside the river, and if the weather is set fine: walk up the river Cajula ... actually walking in the water through the gorges ... but you must only do this if there is absolutely no sign of rain (otherwise you run the risk of flash floods and disaster)

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Has Almayate go karting closed completely? My friends were there recently so I'm surprised. Or is it seasonal perhaps? Oh well, theres always the riding school behind the go karting ...........

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:17 am

What about the go kart place that you can see from the motorway at Velez?

I don't know if it is seasonal but a friends son went a while back and said it was "the best place ever!".

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:11 am

gavilan wrote:the caves at Nerja and Rincon de Victoria, el Torcal with those amazing shaped rocks, Alhama de Granada hot water pools beside the river, and if the weather is set fine: walk up the river Cajula ... actually walking in the water through the gorges ... but you must only do this if there is absolutely no sign of rain (otherwise you run the risk of flash floods and disaster)

seriously... what kind of teens do you know ?

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:11 pm

spanish lad: I know teens who have had the time of their lives caving, rock climbing y abseiling, gorge walking, climbing up through waterfalls using steel ladders, orienteering, white water canoeing ... etc etc ... you missed something in your teens if you have never tried any of those adventures!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Scot wrote:Has Almayate go karting closed completely? My friends were there recently so I'm surprised. Or is it seasonal perhaps? Oh well, theres always the riding school behind the go karting ...........
during winter months it only opens at weekends. Friday nights, saturday afternoon and night and sunday.
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks Colin - wondered if perhaps it was seasonal. We've only ever gone in summertime.

coolnotes

Postby coolnotes » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for your advice and tips. We will look out for the go karting when we get out there,and the hot spas. 20 degrees is looking like paradise from this side of the channel.
Coolnotes.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:36 pm

gavilan wrote:you missed something in your teens if you have never tried any of those adventures!
i didn´t miss anything, i´ve done all that and more. i just dont know any teenagers that would be interested in "outdoor" stuff any more.

give them the latest games console and a bottle of vodka and they will happy for weeks on end.

depressing but unfortunatly these days its nearly always true :(