A list of primary schools in Cadiz region/Areas to consider?

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
ladynade

A list of primary schools in Cadiz region/Areas to consider?

Postby ladynade » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:50 am

Hello all,
I am new to the site - I was wondering if anyone has an actual list with addresses of all state primary schools in Cadiz area? I'm going around in circles trying to find one on the net. I am coming to visit the area in a couple of months and would like to visit/pass by some schools too
In conjunction with this can you help with recommending family friendly areas to visit - it is with a view to setting up home with my family - (am at peace now with the decision to send my boys to state schools -its taken me so long to come to that decision!) so am looking for a good /family friendly area Can anyone help?

Regards
Nadine

silver
Andalucia Guru

Re: A list of primary schools in Cadiz region/Areas to consider?

Postby silver » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 am

scroll down to bottom of this page for the list
http://www.psicologoescolar.com/PROVINC ... lefono.htm
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

pilgrim2
Resident

Re: A list of primary schools in Cadiz region/Areas to consider?

Postby pilgrim2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Not sure if you are aware that where you live determines the school your children attend. If you are thinking of this September, then your children will probably not get any extra help they might need as funding for extra/special needs will have already been applied for by the school. Having said all that we have a good, but small village school school, but then we have never asked to be treated any different... and like all schools you have good and bad teachers - this year we have had a nightmare (new to teaching)teacher with 75 per cent of the class under achieving, they will have to repeat the year if they dont reach sufficient in all subjects. In our particular school as a non spanish child they you can let your child start a year behind his age group. He will not be alone. Many children in my sons class are already 11 years old my son wont be 10 til the end of the year! Thats year 4.