Looking to register at hairdressing college

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
aquarius-lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Looking to register at hairdressing college

Postby aquarius-lady » Thu May 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello there all,
I have a daughter, who hopefully will be finishing her 4th eso this summer. She does not want to go on to get her bachilliato, but says she wants to become a hairdresser. She has been at state spanish school for 6 years now, but I have not got a clue on the procedure of getting her registered at a hairdressing college.The only advise the school is giving me is for her to remain there and get her bachilliato !! Does anyone know of any salons that give "apprentices" or maybe " day release " courses.Or does anyone know of any colleges which she is entitled to attend without paying a vast fortune for the priviledge off. I live only 10 mins away from Malaga, so Costa Del Sol area is best for me. I await replies . Many Thanks.

mijas-lady
Resident

Re: Looking to register at hairdressing college

Postby mijas-lady » Fri May 08, 2009 5:16 pm

hi dont know about hairdressing but friends of my daughter left after 4eso to train as plumbers electricans etc she says they are studing modulos so i assume there would be a hairdressing one-she is in 4 this year and about 2 wks ago had a talk in school about these and other options. I would get her to ask her friends about modulos and I will see what I can find out for you

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 pm

After secundaria you can go to Formación Profesional, In Gradio Medio you can become 'Técnico de Peluquería'. You can check out the courses for training related to peronsal image, by clicking on the course your daugher is interested in: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educacio ... ,1,1,0,0,0
And then search where she can train: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educacio ... anzada.asp (I did a search and it's available in Torremolinos, Marbella and Málaga)..

I don't know about hairdressing but about 85% of Formación Profesional students find a job related to what they studied (maybe a little less at the moment :? )

A friend of mine trained privately in a school called Nebro located in Málaga.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Sat May 09, 2009 8:57 am

There are a few english hairdressers along the coast and one in alhaurin el grande called Arte that do city and guilds training. Dont know if there any good. If you get the city and guilds certificate she will be able to work in the uk as well if she wanted to later.

clarkie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby clarkie » Tue May 12, 2009 9:20 am

Hi, you could also try the Aztec Club in Riviera, Mijas Costa as i think they do City & Guilds course. Ask for Helen :)
What a life!!!!!

aquarius-lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aquarius-lady » Tue May 12, 2009 10:23 am

Hi Clarkie,
Thanks for the info on the Aztec Club hairdressers.Just a couple more questions if I may.Do you know whereabouts this is situated in Mijas Costa? Is this English or Spanish owned? and also, have you a telephone number? Alot to ask I know, but I have looked in the" inland " magazine, and nothing is listed. Thanks once again, aquarius-lady.

aquarius-lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aquarius-lady » Tue May 12, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Lucy Locket,
Thanks for the info regards Arte in Alhaurin El Grande.I am on the case at the moment, will keep you updated. Aquarius-lady

aquarius-lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aquarius-lady » Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 am

Hi there Mijas-lady,
There is someone coming to my daughters school in Alhaurin Torre this week to talk to the students regards their options when leaving school.My daughter came home yesterday and was talking about the modulos which you mentioned. Something about depending on how many exams that you failed at the end of term, was given a chance to study over the summer and resit the "failed" exams in September, and dependant on these results was told weather this was the option for a modulos course or not ( I don´t know, is it me, is does that just sound complicated or what!) but whatever the outcome, thanks for the information you supplied me with in the first place. Will keep you duelly informed. Thanks Aquarius-lady.

aquarius-lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aquarius-lady » Tue May 12, 2009 11:01 am

Hello there Ama,

Thanks for the information regarding "Technico de Peluqueria" My daughter will be looking into this at the weekend. Nebro´s webpage looks really interesting, she going to see how much a hairdressing course costs there. Thanks once again Aquarius-lady

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed May 13, 2009 4:12 am

aquarius-lady wrote:I live only 10 mins away from Malaga, so Costa Del Sol area is best for me. I await replies . Many Thanks.
the place you want is about 100 yards down from the DGT place in torremilinos. they are multi-ligual, so just go in there and ask.

if you are coming from malaga go into torremilinos go past supercor on the left, and lidl on the right, bear right at the lights (you have to) until you approach the bus station. at the bus station turn left and go down the road to the end. at the traffic lights, go straight over, park there somewhere, theres a warden.

walk back to the crossroads you just came over, and turn right. walk down for about 100m and you´ll be outside the DGT building, continue on the same side of the road and about another 100 yards down you´ll see a large glass fronted building with silver on black signs. thats the place you need.

on the way back, the spanish resturant on the corner opposite the DGT place does a nice pitufo and coffee for just €1.50.

have a nice day 8)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

clarkie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby clarkie » Thu May 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Aquiarius Lady
Sorry for the delay. The Aztec Country Club is in Riviera del Sol, Mijas Costa near Calahonda, about 25 minutes west of Malaga. I spoke to Helen today and they only have 2 places for the next course starting in September. i will PM you her number and email and just mention you got her details from Sarah the model at the next fashion show.......
What a life!!!!!

brightspark
Tourist

Postby brightspark » Sat May 16, 2009 7:59 pm

There are several factors to consider: does your daughter want to stay in Spain? Nebro is accredited by Habia the same governing body that used to produce the exams for City and Guilds. Nebro will be regonised within Spain but she will struggle to have her certificates recognised outside this country. Does she want a continuation of school? If so somewhere like Aztec would suit. If she wants an apprentice type training which exposes her to the real working world then Arte in Alhaurin would suit as she would have to train on real clients. I suggest you consider all options and look at the type of instructor ie their own salon, are they familiar with modern hairdressing techniques, what image does their salon have, how busy it is etc. You need to take all factors into consideration! :D