Leaving presents

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
antonia
Resident

Leaving presents

Postby antonia » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:34 pm

As most of you are aware we are leaving Spain in the Summer. Both my boys have had a fantastic time here and have made lots of friends in school. I would like to organise a small gift for each pupil in there classes, nothing expensive as i have to buy 45. They have been with the same friends for the last 4 years, but i can't think of anything suitable...any ideas please?? The ages are 10 and 7. Get your thinking caps on :) :)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leaving presents

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Are there any current 'fads' or crazes you could tap into ? I'm thinking collectable / swappable cards - they don't cost too much :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

What about going to one of the little sweetie kiosks,they have lots of cards,or little plastic eggs with gifts in..Its difficult when you have 45 to buy for. :?

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 pm

My boys are 7 & 9 and they & their friends are all into Ben 10, Gormiti, Mario bros, Monsters vs Aliens & Tazos. Stickers & temporary tattoos also seem to go down well. My eldest likes gemstones & all things bug related and the little one likes puzzles & video games.
In Mercadona I saw some of those Pez things with Monsters vs Aliens characters & my youngest was begging me for one.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 pm

http://new.craftpacks.co.uk/?page=main/ ... 04c5963703

Sorry, I'm not good at posting links.

I buy small gifts for the children I teach from this company. Might be worth a look.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 pm

That's a great site Marina, thanks for posting it!
How quickly do they deliver? They've got some great stuff to put in Birthday loot bags & I've got both my boys' birthdays this month.

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks for all the replies guys. Fantastic site Marina. Gave me an idea of buying an ornament that holds a photo for my younger sons classmates and getting some passport photos of him done. For the older one, thay all have a range of interests and so will probably go down the sweetie route. As well as taking in a large cake each...oh and a small gift for the teachers!!! Better stop now before i go broke :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Thats a nice thought :D When my Grandson left Holland they gave him a large Dutch clog and all his classmates signed it and put comments. Only 18 in a class though, 45 sounds really high. :shock:

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 pm

What a lovely idea Katy...45 is for both the classes :lol: :lol:

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Sorry, can't remember how long it took, but I'm sure I would have remembered if it was anything other than quick!

I bought some of the sliding puzzles. The ones that can never ever be put back right again. (At least, I've never managed). The kids just loved them!