Raspberry Leaf Tea in Spain?

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
sophiasanchez
Tourist

Raspberry Leaf Tea in Spain?

Postby sophiasanchez » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:04 am

Hi everyone

We moved to Spain last year with our five year old, then 6 months ago I discovered I am pregnant again! Having a baby in Spain seems to be a whole different ball game to the UK :D I'd really like to get hold of some raspberry leaf tea bags, these were very easy to buy in the UK and I drank them at the end of my last pregnancy and they really helped. Does anyone know of anywhere in Andalucia or online in Spain that sells raspberry leaf tea? Or any natural type baby shops over here? My local health food shop has a wide range of tea but not raspberry leaf ...

Many Thanks!

wildside
Resident

Re: Raspberry Leaf Tea in Spain?

Postby wildside » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 am

Hi and congratulations......

You can get lots of stuff from Lesley and Samantha at www.indybel.com Just drop them an email

We bought a lot of things from them a few months back including raspberry leaf tea and everything they stock is high quality at a reasonable price.... Samuel is three weeks old now and we are on a learning curve......... :)

sophiasanchez
Tourist

Postby sophiasanchez » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 am

Hi there ... congratulations on the birth of your little boy! You must be pretty busy right now too, so thanks for replying to my post. I have quickly checked out Indybel and yes they do have the tea as you mentioned and lots of other great things. It's really nice to know I can get a well priced organic baby shampoo in Spain and I'm also thinking about going down the natural nappy route this time too. Used disposables last time, but it does make sense in so many ways to use naturals, so I'll maybe contact them for some advice. I also like their maternity beachwear but am trying to save the pennies so will have to see! :)

Thanks so much for your recommendation ... it's been really useful ...

Hope your little one enjoys his first Spanish summer!
Sophia

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Sophia, just to let you know I have 4 unopened boxes of raspberry leaf tea, here in Spain, that I can post you. I gave birth at end of February and started using them at 36 weeks. Baby was breech though, so needed a c-section, so stopped taking the tea as there wasnt any point! :lol:

I had heard great things about it though, so knew it was worth giving it a go! PM me if you´d like them.

Karen x
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

sophiasanchez
Tourist

Postby sophiasanchez » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Karen

Thanks so much for your offer but I just bought the tea from indybel.com online before reading your post!!! Such a shame, but if the baby goes overdue and I run out I'll let you know!

Thanks again ... Sophia

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm

No problem Sophia. I just wanted it to go to a good home as I know it isn´t cheap! Anyone else on here pregnant and in need of some Raspberry Leaf...... :D

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. If you are looked after even half as well as I was in February, you are in good hands!

Karen x
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi, i know your all busy new mums out there,but I am curious now,what is raspberry tea supposed to do?I had better point out here I am now at the other end of the female scale,and on the menopause list,but curiosity has got the better of me!

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Raspberry leaf tea has properies that are supposed to help produce more effective contractions during labour so the the cervix dilates more effectively. It does not, as some may think, bring on labour. The suggestion is to drink it in third trimester, but of course always check with your doc or midwife first!

Nicks ( NCT Postnatal Leader)

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:32 am

Many Thanks for your reply,has satisfied my curiosity,i wish that information would have been available 26 years ago,a my second child was a ten pounder and it was a lengthy birthing process,luckily I had excellent staff.I decided not to have any more children as medical advice was that any further children could be larger,as my husbands uncle was a thirteen pounder!!