Any Advice

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
danath

Any Advice

Postby danath » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05 pm

we are considering a move from ukto be near my father who lives in Torreblanca, however i am little concerned with regards to schooling for my 13 yr son, he has Aspergers syndrome and ADD and am really unsure whether he would settle better in a state school or an international one? the general feeling is that the move would be of great benefit to him and i think i am worrying far too much but am trying to weigh up all options, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by danath on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: Any Advice

Postby princess peach » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:34 am

danath~can your son speak spanish?
if he can or cant ,do you not think moving him at such a critical age into a Spanish state school might be the wrong thing to do? :?
Is there no way you could just hang on until hes finished his education? :D
If your son is settled in the school hes in already(with or without the syndrome) i would personally leave him where he is until his schooling is complete.Its difficult to comment without actually knowing your son or the situation.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :wink:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 am

Danath...
Some wise words and good advice from Princess Peach...

It is most difficult to add anything further, other than to say that it is probably better for you to use your own intuition, you will know your son better than anyone and as such whatever the course of action that you take will no doubt be the correct decision..
Can I suggest that you contact Marina, who is a wise and most helpful person...

Good Luck,
Regards,
Gordon..

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh Gosh!!!!

danath

Postby danath » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks for the replies,My son does speak a little spanish and is very quick at picking up a new language, however as part of his condtion means he dosnt really like change, it will be A big step for him moving to spain(althought at the moment he is all for it) and one we will have to really think about before we make and big changes.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Would it be possible to prepare a photo book with photos of where he will be living, new school etc so that he can "visit" before he arrives? If he's able to then recognise things he may accept them more easily. Just a thought.