Requirements for spanish state school

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
Lazara

Requirements for spanish state school

Postby Lazara » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:24 am

I am desparately trying to get my children aged 11 and 9 years into spanish state school, preferably La Cala. Can anyone please tell me what paper work I require, as I am getting conflicting information.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: Requirements for spanish state school

Postby princess peach » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 am

Hi,
I presume you have NIE and residencias for everyone?

I also had to produce a copy of vaccinations that my son had been given previously.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:02 am

Have a look at this link,the schools section is a little way down from the top.

http://trifter.com/europe/spain/a-new-life-in-spain/

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:01 pm

A copy of your Padron, we were renting in one village whilst our house was being renovated in the village we now live in so I think I had to take along a copy of something to prove that we actually owned or rented a property in the village, this was directly to the schools, along with copies of Birth Certificates of the child concerned and our own in place of the Libro de Familia. For us it was quite straight forward.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:01 am

I would go to the school and ask them, my kids have been to 2 schools and the paperwork was different each time. or just take copies and originals of everything to be safe NIE, birth certs, passports, padron, medical books (vaccinations page), for older kids like yours I think you need copies of school records too but you would have to ask the school.

It is really easy to do so don't worry about it, you have a form to fill in when you get there too but it isn't too difficult,

Good luck x