LOOKING FOR NANNY WORK La Linea/Gib

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
carrie 25

LOOKING FOR NANNY WORK La Linea/Gib

Postby carrie 25 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:26 am

Hi, i have recently moved to La Linea and i am looking for nanny/childcare work in La Linea/Gibraltar.
I am NNEB qualified with more than 15years childcare experience in The UK and overseas.
I can provide refs and CV and i am available straight away. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: LOOKING FOR NANNY WORK La Linea/Gib

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi,I have a friend who has done this type of work in Gib at a nursery.She was given the job of looking after many many children/babies at one place she worked.Its not fair on the employee or the children to be given the responsibilty to look after so many at one time.
She then took it upon herself to look after them in her own home.The only thing wrong with that is~ Gib childcare is pretty cheap,so she looks after them for peanuts and majority of parents dont turn up on time to pick up the children.Nor do they pay any extra if they are late(maybe the nanny is too nice/soft to say anything)

You also need to bear in mind that any job in Gib is nothing like it is in UK. :thumbdown:
Good luck in your search for employment. :wink:

carrie 25

Postby carrie 25 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Not having much luck and i did visit a nursery and found it to be like your friend had said. I would consider working from home as i really need some kind of income. Have been advertising everywhere online but maybe have to do so locally or try to do something else.
I also get your point about the difference between a job in Gib and the UK.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 am

Hi again Carrie 25.
Its a really difficult one for you.My friend owns her own flat in La Linea and i know she has to be really careful as shes not meant to be running a business from it :silent:
She has a couple of small children that she looks after,but as i said she only just makes enough money to cover her mortgage(some weeks not enough) :thumbdown:
Do you have any children yourself?if so the school and meeting other mums who might need you would be your best bet if you are working on the quiet.

Have you tried the manilva mums site?
http://manilvamums.forumup.it/

:thumbup: Good Luck.xx