Parent and toddler/childrens groups near Alhaurin El Grande

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
robg

Parent and toddler/childrens groups near Alhaurin El Grande

Postby robg » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:37 pm

Hi,

My wife and I have been living in Alhaurin El Grande now for around 6 weeks and have a 3 yr old girl and a 6 month old boy.

Our daughter really needs to start playing with children of similar ages as she is getting a bit lonely and we were wondering if anyone new of any childrens play groups in Alhaurin or surrounding towns that we can take her too?

Is there anyone near to Alhaurin El Grande who is in the same situation who is interested in starting something up or just getting together every so often?

Rob & Michelle

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:27 pm

kiddy college in alhaurin el grande - 952 499 243 i do their bouncy castles for them. if you´d been in AEG for 6 weeks you´d think that you´d of found that already ... your 3 year old is missing playschool ;)

its down the road out of town towards cartama, and JUST after the carwash, the octopus, theres a track down the side of it (BUMPY ONE). they are at the bottom of the track there (100m)

They speak spanish and english to the klids there, and your kid will be fluent in a matter of weeks.

of course there are also a few spanish ones...if you´d rather "intergrate" with the spanish that you moved here for...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

robg

Postby robg » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:23 pm

Thanks for that.We did get in touch with Kiddy College before we moved here but i don't have a car as my husband Rob uses it for work.It's too far for our 3year old to walk,anyway we were told they were fined for not having a licence.We'd rather she went to Spanish nursery anyway.As you said that's why we moved here to 'Intergrate'with the Spanish. :)

GEORGE McWilliams
Tourist

Postby GEORGE McWilliams » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Hello Rob and Michelle
I have just spotted your posting and it seems we are in similar situations. I moved to andalucia at the begining of August with my husband George and 2 boys age (nearly) 4 and 10 months. We are renting at the moment but have bought a house in Salar (near Loja) and should move in, in about a months time so hopefully Zak will start nursery soon. I would love to meet up with other English mum's with children a simialr age to my own. i have a car so am willing to travel. I am also thinking of setting up a mum's and tots group with another english mum I have met on this site. It would be lovely to hear from you with a view to meeting up. My e mail address is [email protected]
Kind Regards
Trudi