BCG

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
kal111
Andalucia.com Amigo

BCG

Postby kal111 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:17 pm

Hi
Does anyone know if they do the BCG in Spain?
My daughter has so far managed to miss having it in England and will be nearly 15 when we come out in February. Will it make any difference to her being able to register with a school if she hasn't had it done?
Thanks for any advice
Kal

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:46 pm

Apparently it is given to babies and there is no program of vaccination for school children.

I had the same problem but finally managed to find a pharmacist who ordered the vaccine for me. Many just said they didn't stock it and couldn't get it. My doctor then did the test and administered it.

I can't remember what it cost but do remember that it was surprisingly cheap to buy.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Sorry, forgot to finish the reply.

My kids are at an International school. They didn't have any problem with enrollment, but I don't know about Spanish schools. I wouldn't think there would be any difficulty as I was repeatedly told that the vaccine isn't necessary here as Spain doesn't have a TB problem.It didn't seem to occur to them that people travel!