Schools in the Coin area

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
Nic

Schools in the Coin area

Postby Nic » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:57 pm

We are hoping to move to Coin or just outside and have two children age 5 and 16 months.

I understand that it will depend on our catchment area but does anyone know what the schools are like there - can you recommend a good one - we hope to stay there so I beleive a State school would be best - any views ??

(My eldest has almost finished his reception year at school)
Nicky

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:25 am

There are many good primary schools in Coin but which one you will be offered depends entirely on place availability. Our youngest son has just finished Yr 6 at Lope de Vega which is situated in Las Flores near the cemetery. It was not our first choice as there are schools nearer but he loves it there and has made many friends. Each class year seems to have a couple of English children which can help a new child to settle. They also have a very good nursery annexe which is worth bearing in mind for your youngest. :)

jodietec

Re: Schools in the Coin area& FRIENDS!!!

Postby jodietec » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

hi all!! My name is jodie and myself partner lee, 2 children 2 and 10, and my brother levi have recently moved over to costa del sol and are now in a campo property just off villafranco roundabout. The contract shows the address as Coin, so im looking for schools for my daughter and a nursery hopefully for my son??? Anyone recomend good ones??? Also where are there places to meet people,for ourselves and my children?? I know there is an inland mums group weekly at la trocha but i work so cant attend it!! Does the local ayuntamiento run swimming classes etc??