Hip pain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
lizzie.w.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hip pain

Postby lizzie.w. » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Staying with my mum on holiday near Archidona, unfortunately she is in terrible pain with her hip and leg, so much so she is unable to walk. We have taken her to the hospital,they X rayed her hip and said she had mild arthritis, they prescribed painkillers. These are not giving her any relief. I think she may need a MRI scan as I think she may have a trapped nerve, or something wrong with a disc. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of a private clinic where we may get her a scan and any treatment required without delay. Hopeful of a quick solution, as I will need to go home in a couple of weeks and want to see her better. Thank you.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Hip pain

Postby katy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Your Mum must be very old, didn't you say you were 79.(or did I misread something :? ) Perhaps a course of anti-inflammatory tablests would be best. they do take time.

lizzie.w.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lizzie.w. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Katy,

Sorry, very worried about mum, I'm not quite 50, mum is 79!!

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:00 pm

TBH, the treatment won't be any different if she has got a disc problem or trapped nerve. Although, sometimes they give anti depressants as well as pain killers... don't ask me how that's going to help with back pain!?

lizzie.w.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lizzie.w. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 am

Hello there. I'm here again still trying to sort out my problem with my hip or back. I've heard that acupuncture can help. Does anyone know where there is a acupuncturist within a reasonable distance of Archidona. Also, my daughters would like me to have a mri scan on my back, again where . A couple of years ago my daughter had problems with her leg here in spain, the doctor said it was arthritis. She tried everything ,in the end a spanish friend went to the hospital with her and got her scan, and it was a disc problem. Anyway with two ephidurals, problem cured and no further problem .The trouble is this was done over several months which as I can't walk at all seems a long time .Sorry to air all my problems on this forum, but I am getting desperate.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:14 am

You could try Clinica Rincon in Malaga. They have a state of the art MRI scanner at their centre at the football stadium.

You would probably have to get one of the doctors at the clinic to see her first to arrange the scan.

Details here http://www.clinicasrincon.com/en/OUR-CL ... tario.html

Sid