Registering Spanish Healthcare

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
jukim
Resident

Registering Spanish Healthcare

Postby jukim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Has anyone had any experience of registering for the Spanish healthcare on the grounds of being fiscally resident prior to April 2012? If so, I would really appreciate any advice on how you managed or if you needed help by an asesoria? Thanks :wtf:

knowal
Resident

Re: Registering Spanish Healthcare

Postby knowal » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:08 pm

jukim wrote:Has anyone had any experience of registering for the Spanish healthcare on the grounds of being fiscally resident prior to April 2012? If so, I would really appreciate any advice on how you managed or if you needed help by an asesoria? Thanks :wtf:
I know someone who has done this, but it has nothing to do with fiscal residence, as far as I am aware.
What is important is that you obtained your Certificado de registro como residente comunitario prior to 24th April 2012, which was when the rules changed.

You need to prove that you have less than €100,000 in income. You may need to show that you do not have healthcare provided by the UK.

You may find this page useful:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-in-spain

jukim
Resident

Postby jukim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:45 pm

I know we're entitled, it's how best to go about it. If we just collect all the stuff we need and go to the office in Velez or is it better to get an asesoria involved.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Get a gestor to do it and save youself the hassle.
Dave