Computer says no: Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea renewal edition

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Computer says no: Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea renewal edition

Postby Superplonk » Wed May 27, 2015 9:08 am

Yesterday was biennial renewal time at the Social Security office. I knew from my experience in 2013 that the convenient website would reject my application and tell me to attend in person as I am covered as a pre-retirement beneficiario of my working wife.
I checked my notes from last time and took the necessary papers. I was "shocked" :lol: to be told to go away and come back with another document. In this case it was the green A4 residency document that they had never needed to see before.
Said document was issued in 2009 and does not have the part about carácter permanente. Neither does it mention expiry after five years. From researching previous posts on Andalucia.com I am unclear on whether the charming funcionario is going to accept my six year old form. Old posts seem to suggest that the paper does not expire, but that I can renew it if I want to. Is this still the case? I know that laws relating to more recent arrivals have changed, but I've been here since 2006 and am registered in all the right places.
I really don't want to have to borrow a car and spend a day queuing up in Malaga cop shop if the law backs me up

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Computer says no: Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea renewal edit

Postby El Cid » Wed May 27, 2015 9:18 am

I would be inclined to get a new one with the permanent resident wording anyway. You do not have to prove income/health for this.

You will then have a nice new form/card to impress the INSS office!

Sid

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Superplonk » Wed May 27, 2015 9:42 am

I have to play off the likelihood of losing an argument on European law with a local funcionciaria (time wasted 2 hours) against that of spending a second day in Malaga after THEY decide that I'm lacking a document. I'd risk the former to avoid the latter. I wonder if there's any official word on the non-expirability of residencia papers that I could take with me.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16 am

I had my wallet stolen in Dublin so had to replace all my cards including the EHC. It wasn't possible to do it on-line so I popped down to the social security office.
They gave me an appointment to return in half an hour, told me I would need to cancel the old one, not possible on-line and reapply, which she did.
She needed to see the green paper, this time asking to see my passport and two days later the card arrived by post.