One for the Guys

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Len S
Andalucia.com Amigo

One for the Guys

Postby Len S » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:37 pm

I spend most of my time in UK and follow the EPL. I am an Everton supporter but only go once or twice a season. I seem to have the unfortunate knack of picking those matches where their performance is woeful. However when in Spain I always go to all the Malaga matches. I very much enjoy this and for the last couple of seasons they have been playing pretty good football.

Do other Brit football lovers follow a Spanish team, and if so how do you think the total football experience compares with UK especially England.

Ladies and girls please feel free to contribute if you also enjoy "the beautiful game" and sorry if you feel the subject title a tad sexist.

Len S
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: One for the Guys

Postby Len S » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Ps are we all sitting comfortably for Match of the Day. It doesn't get much better than tonight. Everton 3-1 winners and Liverpool 3-1 losers. You Liverpool supporters out there, I don't mean to gloat!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:12 am

chelsea for relegation?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:42 am

I don't think anywhere would have the atmosphere of the Gwladys Street end on a cold winters night :mrgreen:

I loved Maureens take on the match yesterday, no dignity and certainly couldn't have been watching the same game I did.

Back to the question, if we ever did move to Spain which is becoming highly unlikely then I'd go and watch Velez Malaga.

I've been once and it was probably on par with league 2/Conference but with a little bit of latin flair chucked in. For a small crowd, possibly 600 or so the atmosphere was surprisingly good and very funny!!
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Athletic Bilbao in Spain but I much prefer watching the EPL, The playacting in Spanish football drives me mad.
I'm watching WBA v Everton as I write this...brilliant second half for the neutral,

Southampton in England

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:25 am

I went to the Malaga vs Villareal game last week, pretty poor football by Malaga. Constantly passing to players that were coveed by the opposition and little running off the ball to give that player someone to lay it off to. Some good coaching required! Neither side looked much like scoring, shame the result cae down to an own goal.Ilike going to Malaga. Good atmosphere. First Malaga loss I've been to.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!