Have You Tried This ????

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
cerrillo
Tourist

Re: Have You Tried This ????

Postby cerrillo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi Benidorm, just wondered how long you had been taking the flax seeds before you started to feel the benefit, after reading this I thought I would try the chia seeds which I get from Mercadona, its been about 4 months now, two tablespoons on my breakfast each day, not sure really if I feel more energized or not, so was curious to know when you started to notice a difference??

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

Hola Cerillo,
Sorry about the delay in replying to you , I've been busy burning off my Flax seeds boosted energy.... :lol:

Are you just taking chia seeds or flax seeds?
We mix both and spread on our breakfast ....
Taking any natural supplements is not a 'quick fix' to instant rejuvenation, and it it most important to have a healthy and balanced food and drink regime and plenty of exercise if you really want to feel the benefits .
I would say that if you adhere to the above you will certainly feel fit and healthy quite quickly.... :thumbup:
Regards,
Gordon.....

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

which is better fish oil capsules or turmeric pills?
a friend is always on about this and i know nothing of.
I will try flax seed as i like experimenting...

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 am

Wollie,
I would suggest that both fish oil and turmeric are good for you and actually have differing qualities.
For most of my life I've taken fish oil( cod liver oil in my case), starting as a very small child when my parents had to use bribery to get me to take the oil in liquid form on a teaspoon. :shock:
Turmeric in natural form is quite cheap and easy to obtain , I personally wouldn't pay the high amounts for the 'dressed up' products on offer by some companies.
As for fish oil, it is available, even in supermarkets in Spain, however it is much cheaper to obtain from UK even with postage costs, one of my sons obtains ours from a 'scoop shop', no fancy packaging but good product.
Regards,
Gordon

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am

Gordon,
The only lubricant i am talking at the moment is cerveza and stuff like that.
I must look into it, i know my friend gets his in tesco on a 3 for 2 deal and
i think 90 in each.

Thanks

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 pm

BENIDORM wrote:
For most of my life I've taken fish oil( cod liver oil in my case), starting as a very small child when my parents had to use bribery to get me to take the oil in liquid form on a teaspoon. :shock:
I remember having this too, but on my case it came mixed with malt - I remember it as tasting delicious, and being disappointed we were only given one teaspoon of it :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

cerrillo
Tourist

Postby cerrillo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Benidorm, thanks for the reply. I only use the chia seeds, I do eat reasonably healthily, dont drink alcohol usually just water or coffee (I prefer instant coffee). I do a fair amount of walking, but the dog is getting a bit slower now as she is getting older. Am trying to do anything really to boost the circulation as I appear to have PAD or claudication in the legs, need to completely stop the fags I know, but have cut them drastically. I make a revolting concoction in the morning and drink it - this consists of ground black pepper, two teaspoons of tumeric/circumin, some garlic and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper mix with warm water and drink quickly, usually drunk via a straw less taste that way, then the breakfast with fruit and fibre and at least 5 pieces of fruit, kiwi, mandarin, dried cranberry. banana, figs etc depending on the season, covered with two tablespoons of chia seeds and semi skimmed milk. I should be turbo charged after that lot !!!!!! :crazy:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Cerrillo,
Are you self-diagnosing your condition,? if so can I suggest that you get advice from Doctor,Nurse or Chemist, they are I'm sure very aware of the type of symptoms that you describe, and would be able to assist you properly...

You do seem to be eating a good diet, but maybe you could be over-doing it a bit ?
Do you eat bread, potatoes etc, small quantities are beneficial to a healthy life-style , in my opinion.

And now you are going to really hate me because I have to say that I think that you really need to Stop Smoking completely.

I've never smoked and I feel really guilty saying that, because obviously I don't know what it's like to try and stop,however through my life I've witnessed so much pain caused by smoking and so many family and friends have had their lives cut short because of it...
Sorry I feel terrible now.....
There is only one person who can really help you stop the smoking and that's you, I'm sure that you could do it, you are obviously keen to improve your health and lifestyle.
I'm sure that there are many other forum members who have experienced stopping smoking and maybe they could offer you better advice than me.....
Talking about problems is good, medical or otherwise, I've found that out, so please keep in touch....
Regards,
Gordon :wave:

cerrillo
Tourist

Postby cerrillo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi many thanks for the reply. No not self diagnosing. Had a pain in my leg thought I had just pulled a muscle but went on too long so went to the doctors and take two tablets a day to make the blood less sticky. Dont eat much bread or potatoes. I know giving up the fags is the main thing, over the years I have tried acupuncture, hypnosis a few times, Zyban tablets that you could get once only from the doctors, all to no avail. I do enjoy a ciggie, roll ups. My sister now lives in the village, she smoked far more than me, but out of the blue stopped just over 3 months ago. I will just have to keep trying to stop the fags, and keep walking!!!! must join the village gym :thumbup:

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:08 pm

BLACK SEED OIL

over the weekend a friend left me a bottle of this, its just she cannot take oil and uses capsuls and she was given this by a family member.
Whats it for? is it similar to these turmeric capsuls mentioned earlier?

many thanks