Real Madrid

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Real Madrid

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Anyone watching the footie...it's gonna be tense..Hubby already climbing the walls..1-1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Real Madrid

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:00 pm

That's why I am on my laptop ..... OH is watching the footie. Of course the moment he left the room for a second, Ronaldo scored!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:06 am

Champions again. 12 times now. unbelievable.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:45 am

The celebratory fireworks went on throughout the night ..... you can always tell when Madrid win anything! There must be a big following here on the coast.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am

If you haven't noticed just before Muckies on the right there is a bar, on your left as you exit Muckies car park. That Is the Real Madrid Supporters Club bar. Suitably dingy and cheap, surprised you don't frequent it :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:59 am

Lyric wrote: Suitably dingy and cheap, surprised you don't frequent it :)

Thanks for that Mr L ........ gives a good impression of me for those that don't know me :shock:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:10 pm

I suspect they know it is tongue in cheek.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Hopefully ....... :)

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:41 pm

We sat outside our local bar and watched the Madrid match last night, great atmosphere !!
Plus...8 drinks and 8 mega tapas between us and the cost was 12 euros.!

Within 20 minutes of the final whistle we had numerous cars ,tractors and trailers packed full of celebrating Madrid supporters driving around the village, all very noisy but well behaved,... Boy.... do the Spanish know how to party.!
We also had 2 big weddings yesterday in our 'village', so lots of other celebrations going on and the music was still beating out at 7 am his morning...but do I get annoyed....No Way..when in Rome.....etc, :D
Regards,
Gordon

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Unexplained unforecasted fireworks until midnight terrifying the local dogs just reinforces my loathing of all things football! A different form of terrorism and in my view unacceptable in these harrowing times...don't they stop to think? No of course not, they are football fans so not really capable!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 pm

costakid wrote:Champions again. 12 times now. unbelievable.
man u is it?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Peter, ok it's not nice that the dogs or any animals iare terrified by fireworks but just because you dont like football it dosent mean that those who do are brainless! People work hard and if now and again the daily grind of life and all the stress and problems are sometimes interupted by something that brings them enjoyment then why not!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Both my wife and I really enjoyed watching the 'Match' last night, we're not thugs or football hooligans, not even really football supporters, but we do enjoy integrating with our local community.
We have three dogs and we 'look after' three other dogs and only one of them is 'bothered' by fireworks, but then again she is old and quite grumpy and moans and whinges at the slightest issue, her name is Bella, but maybe I should change her name to 'Petra the Old Fusspot'' ?

Football is probably one of the best world solutions to helping people become more tolerant and friendly to other races and cultures, I know that there is a lot of rivalry , but in most cases it is friendly, and of course with any large gatherings of crowds there will always be an element of trouble.

So may I wish everyone a pleasant and safe evening ,wherever you are. :wave:
Regards,
Gordon.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:38 pm

They say similar things about the holiness of religion, but just look at what this ridiculous fairytale belief causes!
I can understand why bereaved parents give themselves solace by rubbish like "she is with her grandad" but the truth must be that they are dead, and will either rot away in the ground or be burnt into ashes.
World leaders have used religion to control people for centuries, and dare not stop to think about the whole nonsensical thing.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 am

The Spanish love their 'air-bomb' fireworks and don't need much excuse to let them off (and they go on way beyond midnight). Candalaria here (a cross between harvest festival and firework night in September) goes on all night long sometimes and for several nights, depending on how the 7 Sept falls.

We've just got used to it and the cats, thankfully, are pretty laid back about them too. When watching a big Real Madrid game we like to see how quickly the first firework goes off after a goal .... a bit like counting between the flash of lightening and the rumble of thunder :)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:41 pm

How did we go from football to religion. I love my football and watch a live match every week. Not the heady heights of the Spanish Premera but 6 leagues down, the team my son plays for. It has taught him commitment. teamwork and keeps him fit.
I'm not a fan of the Spanish big boys so wanted Juventus to win but in the end, the best team won.