Málaga hospital appointments

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
susieinspain

Málaga hospital appointments

Postby susieinspain » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 am

Is 5 months a reasonable wait for a follow up appointment to get the result of a MRI scan? I had a traffic accident last December (not my fault!) and the accident has caused severe problems with my lower spine. I had surgery a few years ago in Malaga with titanium rods and screws and recovered very well but the accident has caused a screw to become dislodged and crumbled the bone surrounding it. I am in a lot of pain and really want this sorted as soon as possible. To wait five months for just the result of the MRI before I even get referred on to a surgeon seems excessive. Does anyone have any experience in getting appointments moved forwards please. Or any other suggestions please?

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Málaga hospital appointments

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Ask your family doctor here to chase the matter for you, as a matter of urgency.
Chris

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Can you go private ?

susieinspain

Postby susieinspain » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Unfortunately I’m not in that position financially.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 am

Agree with TdelA - go to your doctor - the one that referred you for the scan? or your Centro Salud GP. They may even have access to the scan and if not can certainly chase the appointment up for you. Do not be put off and indicate the pain you are suffering. You should not have to go private, and in any case if the MRI was done on the health service, to find out the result will also be within the health service.
Is your car insurance involved in the matter? That might also be a line to follow if you are claiming compensation from the accident?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Family member waited months aswell. I would just chase it up. I know ppl critize the uk nhs but from our experience its the same if not worse here.waiting that amount of time just for the results is ridiculous