Dental implants

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Manchesteral
Resident

Dental implants

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 pm

probably nobody will be interested in this information but I'll post it anyway.

Having played proper rugby (union) for 33 years, my body has been subjected to violent abuse by many opponents (the French are the dirtiest players) I've suffered various problems with my mouth (teeth) also my unreliable personal oral hygiene (my responsibilty) and as a result Many of my teeth are now either lose or in very poor condition !

In the U K I have been quoted between £24000 (twenty four thousand) and 30000 (thirty thousand) for full restoration of my teeth, on Monday, here in Grand Canaria I was quoted €14000 for the same treatment, just saying !!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dental implants

Postby markwilding » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:47 am

Dental implants are cheaper in Spain. I have one and the dentist who did it told me loads of British come to Spain to have them done.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:55 am

I find dentistry in Spain to be of very poor quality. Unfortunately, its only after a few years of experiencing the work done that a judgement can be made. Always looks wonderful to begin with. Poor quality materials used because they don't expect the guiri to stay in Spain and so they can get away with it. Impossible to claim and obviously I wouldn't return to the same dentist to fix bad work.

I've tried loads of different dentists. they always ask whether I'm living here and planning on staying etc. Now I know why.

The work I had done in Britain was of far higher quality.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:08 am

Absolutely agree, my nightmare from hell dentist story is documented on here somewhere. Cost thousands to put right. They maybe ok at routine work but are offering techniques way beyond their capabilities. Lots of adverts in UK for cosmetic dentistry in Poland and other Eastern European countries at cheap prices.
My Dentist in Spain turned out to have been struck off in Sweden but was allowed to legally operate in Spain. Although as with all countries it pays to do a lot of research before having complex procedures, good and bad everywhere.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm

I can only say that, the dentist who quoted me this price came highly recommended by a number of foreign residents including Swedes and Danes who are especially picky(sic) about their teeth, I was also accompanied by a Canarian friend who has used the same dentist for many years, he's 72 and has great teeth so I am confident that the service will be good.

Of course there are horror stories from all over the world, personal recommendations are always a good start :-)

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Manchesteral wrote:probably nobody will be interested in this information but I'll post it anyway.

Having played proper rugby (union) for 33 years, my body has been subjected to violent abuse by many opponents (the French are the dirtiest players) I've suffered various problems with my mouth (teeth) also my unreliable personal oral hygiene (my responsibilty) and as a result Many of my teeth are now either loose or in very poor condition !

In the U K I have been quoted between £24000 (twenty four thousand) and 30000 (thirty thousand) for full restoration of my teeth, on Monday, here in Grand Canaria I was quoted €14000 for the same treatment, just saying !!

Sorry I reposted this after noticing I had spelt the word loose incorrectly :-)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:54 pm

jhonie99 wrote:I find dentistry in Spain to be of very poor quality. Unfortunately, its only after a few years of experiencing the work done that a judgement can be made. Always looks wonderful to begin with. Poor quality materials used because they don't expect the guiri to stay in Spain and so they can get away with it. Impossible to claim and obviously I wouldn't return to the same dentist to fix bad work.

I've tried loads of different dentists. they always ask whether I'm living here and planning on staying etc. Now I know why.

The work I had done in Britain was of far higher quality.

I don’t get this. They offer one service to the British and a completely different one to the 46,000,0000 mostly Spanish people living in Spain. I have used the same dentist for fifteen years with similar service to the UK and no problems

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:06 pm

There are good and bad dentists everywhere. I was a dental nurse back in the 1970s/80s in England and some of the things I saw there going on made me very wary. It's made me very particular about my dental health and for a number of years I was lucky to have a dentist in the family that I used (but even he was duped by a partner who he had to take to court in the end - he was charging for work he had never carried out). I make it clear that I am an ex dental nurse and chatting to my current dentist who is English, I know he is genuine.

With implants, be aware that it is very time consuming when done properly. It can take up to 4 months as each stage needs to heal before the next. A Columbian friend has gone back home for a few implants to be done which will be cheaper than the UK or here, but has to stay there for 4 months for the work to be completed.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:10 pm

My one took over six months.

Return to “Health, Beauty, Fitness & Sport”