Dentist

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Dentist

Postby gerryh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 am

I need a lot of dental work doing and probably false teeth. :thumbdown:
Any recommendations for a, preferably English speaking, dentist who isn't going to charge high fees?
Anywhere in the Nerja to Rincon de la Victoria area.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

quebin
Resident

Re: Dentist

Postby quebin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 am

https://www.paginasamarillas.es/f/velez ... 00001.html
Highly recommended from someone who doesn't like dentists!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 am

I suspect all dentists seem expensive when you get the bill! I would recommend Andreas at the Danish practice in Maro.

Website here with prices . http://www.dentadanes.com/

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am

Rincon same side as taxi rank. English speaking. Next door but above Volapie restaurant.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

My shout would be for Michael Mannish at Clinica Europa in Torrox. Been seeing him for best part of 10 years, ever since we moved to Spain. Definitely not a rip-off merchant either in pricing or doing unnecessary work. Very thorough and fanatical about proper sterilisation of equipment. Apparently many dentists here use a sterilisation spray rather than a proper autoclave.

Good luck with your search.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks all for the replies.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:05 pm

I second Michael Mannish. Especially as he will save a tooth rather than remove it which is particularly important to me. I have talked to him at length about my own experiences as a dental nurse in the UK and he does come across as honest and genuine.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm

We use Dr bakri at torrox costa el morche end between the two repsol garages.he also has a place at algarrobo. He speaks perfect english and is a really nice guy if you are stressed out by visits. We were recommended him by a few people. Hes very much a preventative dentist interms of doing extreme work as a final option.only thing is he is very popular so a 12.00 appointment may turn into a 12.45 one

We originally used dentadanes but found them very expensive and were the total opposite interms of saying we needed extreme work doing and charing 100's for doing basic things like cleaning out an abcess and re filling. Had the same dentist in the uk for over 30 years so always suspicious when a new dentist suddenly says you need x amount of work doing.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm

El Cid wrote:I suspect all dentists seem expensive when you get the bill! I would recommend Andreas at the Danish practice in Maro.

Website here with prices . http://www.dentadanes.com/

Sid
There is a very good Danish one in Elviria Marbella. Sorted out some of my problems after I had the dentist from hell. Those prices on the link are about the same as ours in UK if going private.

Noticed this week in the USA some dentists advertising implants at $499 each.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:02 pm

gerryh wrote:I need a lot of dental work doing and probably false teeth. :thumbdown:
Any recommendations for a, preferably English speaking, dentist who isn't going to charge high fees?
Anywhere in the Nerja to Rincon de la Victoria area.
Cheers
Gerry

Gerry, as you know I don't live in Spain but spend much of my time in Las Palmas, I needed some work doing recently and was given a quote for implants, I opted for the dentures.
A friend of mine who has a great set of choppers (false) advised me not to use the dentist but a dental technician (who actually makes the denture) why, because the dentist will take a mould then send it to the dental technician who does not know you personally, the technician will make the denture then send it back to the dentist who will put it in your mouth, charge you for the technicians work plus a commission then charge you for his/her own work.
If you go directly to the technician's workplace, he will look in your mouth and know exactly what you need, take a mould then do the work, when you go to have the final product fitted he is in a position to trim the denture exactly to your needs there and then until you are satisfied.
Of course depending on the condition of your existing teeth you can expect to pay at least €50.00 per tooth for extraction plus the cost of the denture, I paid just over €1000.00 for partial dentures, top and bottom including the extraction of two teeth in my upper palate (the only work I had done at the dentist)
It's also a good idea (as I did) to take some photos of yourself as a younger person so the technician can see exactly how it should look, good luck with it