osteoporosis

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
redsoxbrit
Resident

osteoporosis

Postby redsoxbrit » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:02 pm

Just heard on the news that research into osteoporosis has uncovered a lack of vitamin D as a prime factor. To get your daily dose you need to either eat 9 eggs or expose yourself to sunlight for at least half an hour - thank God we're moving! Looking forward to a fracture-free future.... :lol:

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:13 pm

Given the alternative of an egg bound future :oops: I think you have made a wise choice :)
I wear it well...........

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:34 pm

In the meantime you could supliment with sunflower seeds..lots of vit D they are called pipas here..on sale everywhere..takes a while to get the knack of getting them out of the shells with yer teeth though...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: osteoporosis

Postby Bongtrees » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:56 pm

redsoxbrit wrote: Looking forward to a fracture-free future.... :lol:
Dont laugh too soon, Ive noticed almost everywhere that steps and stairs are nearly always unequal, slippery tiles in and outside houses and buildings can be lethal.

Our house is split level and my wife broke her leg last year on just 2 steps. Wearing a plaster cast during August was an absolute nightmare for her.

Her Spanish friend broke hers this year on 3 steps.

Mike

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:03 am

Bongtrees.. You do talk as though no one ever broke a leg in the uk...ask the insurance companies, or uk local authorities just how many broke/injured a leg in England last year due to falls on uneven/broken pavements or do people "claim compensation" for nothing :?: :o :o ..and I doubt that someone who already has osteoporosis will buy split level ..the pavements here are not all up to "british standard" so I'm sure they will walk with care there and here.
Wearing a plaster cast during August was an absolute nightmare
I can well imagine how she suffered and hope she is fully recovered.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:11 am

Where does he talk as if no-one has ever broken a leg in the UK?
I read it that he is just pointing out how easy it is to trip or slip in Spain,
errr which it is actually. Could be quite a nightmare for anyone suffering from osteoporosis.
Silver you need to stop reading every post as if it is a slur on your beloved Spain. Or stop answering them all, one of the two. 8)

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:50 am

He knows what I meant but looking at the time he started posting this morning I think he just got up too early and replied before the brain kicked into gear, anyhow, probably cant think straight with all those noisy neighbours in his flats.

Kidding apart I was touched that he asked after my better half who now refuses to wear high heels in the house until I get those steps altered.

Builder starts next week thank the lord.

Mike

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 am

MaggieMay
he is just pointing out how easy it is to trip or slip in Spain,
and I am pointing out how easy it is to trip or slip anywhere and that one should be carefull wherever they are.
I will stop answering when I wish. perhaps it was the
Dont laugh too soon
and other aint Spain posts from Bongtrees that led me to answer. I do find that there are a few members who seem only to visit this forum to write negative posts and complain...which is fine...but the tendency to atempt to make it seem that these negative things are some kind of exclusiveness to Spain and others statements that are not quite correct and hold no real facts...it gets my wild up...and I feel I have as much right as others to offer my point of view and many unknown (unknown to some)facts, even if it does not suit some.
There are so many things about Spain that many do not know.. if I do I am only to pleased to help.
beloved Spain
True...very true. If I did not like it so much I would not live here...and I would find another forum to post..like.. uk dot com or bg dot com.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:27 am

Silver, okeydokey :roll:

Bongtrees "builder starts next week thank the Lord"
Would that be the Lord in Spain or the Lord elsewhere? I've a feeling the Spanish one may be better. :wink: