Santiago Restaurant in Alhaurin el Grande

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
steeevb

Santiago Restaurant in Alhaurin el Grande

Postby steeevb » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think this restaurant is hugely overpriced for the very average cooking on offer. Granted the setting is lovely and a pleasure to sit out in the garden but from the moment of arrival the unsmiling front of house girl did not make us feel very welcome at all. All the other members of staff were most accommodating. I doubt we shall be returning.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Its one of those places you visit and either catch them on a good day or not. I used to frequent the premises on a weekly basis but have found that there are better places out there with a lot more ambience!! Try El Balcon on the Mijas/Fuengirola roundabout opposite Los Morenos and you might just strike lucky!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

steeevb

Postby steeevb » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Thanks for the tip. We shall definitely give El Balcon a go, but it will have to wait until next year now. I will get my in-laws to check it out in the meantime.
I know there was an article about the owners in the local Alhaurin rag. I know exactly where you mean. Does it draw a british crowd or have the locals taken it to heart?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:40 pm

El Santiago del Calvario is my next favourite restaurant after El Postillón. El Balcón isn't even in the running. I would rather go to Venta Los Morenos!

sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sick and tired » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:15 pm

i agree with beachcomber

J Cooke
Andalucia.com Amigo

El Santiago del Calvario is my next favourite restaurant aft

Postby J Cooke » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 pm

El Santiago del Calvario is my next favourite restaurant after El Postillón

Where are these please

steeevb

Re: Santiago Restaurant in Alhaurin el Grande

Postby steeevb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 pm

How the years fly by. Paid a return visit to the fabled Santiago in August 2009 and guess what. Nothing appears to have changed. Still a most agreeable place to eat in the summer, Flamenco an added attraction (my young boys were entranced)but the food is still extraordinarily average. If our visit had not been a treat, courtesy of my wife's parent's, I might have complained about my main course more vehemently. As I said, a lovely place to eat out, but what an odd menu for southern Spain! We like Los Candiles and Sardinas for the food.