Indian in Humilladero

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
dido72
Resident

Indian in Humilladero

Postby dido72 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 am

Oooooooh at long last the new Indian restaurant has opened in Humilladero (near Antequera). It is called Jelani's Red Onion and is where Katz bar was.

Not eaten in yet, and it has been really quiet every time we have been in there, but have had 2 takeaways which were absolutely heavenly!!! Everything is cooked from scratch so it takes a while (be prepared to wait up to an hour for your take away) but is it sooo worth the wait. If you live a distance away or just can't be bothered sitting and waiting for so long give them a ring and put your order in, number is 677680549.

I will be going there to eat in soon so will report back what that is like too (although lots of friends have been and said it was excellent!).

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Re: Indian in Humilladero

Postby hillybilly » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Also had a good report on this place from a friend who's eaten there...picked up the menu today, yum...will be visiting soon methinks!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Can report back first hand, having just been for a meal there, that the food is LUSH!
Such a shame that we were the only customers in there!!!!!! I feel so sorry for them...just hope that people from the surrounding towns and villages make the effort to frequent this restaurant...if it was on my doorstep I'd be in there every week for a takeaway at least!

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:34 am

It is on my doorstep and I am there for a take away every week :thumbup: it is great and the people who run it are lovely. We ate in the other night and there were 20 or so people in (on a Tuesday) so it's not quiet all the time, lets hope they stick around :D .

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:10 am

Looks like thee and me will have to keep the place going :wink:

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:23 am

I was there a couple of weeks ago, we went on Monday and there were just the 4 of us in there apart from a couple of Spanish men at the bar. The food was well worth waiting for, and the people are very hospitable, we will definitely go back.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Di...
Thanks for reporting on the 'Indian in Humilladero'...at first I thought that it was the title of a new book that you've written.. :lol:

We don't get to Antequera area that often...but we will check the new restaurant out..soon...

Pity that it's not nearer to us...our 'local' Indian has just closed down .. :( .

I wonder why Spanish people don't seem as keen on Indian food ?...they seem to love Chinese food...
Regards,
Gordon..