Good Torremolinos Restaurant

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
CHICAB
Tourist

Good Torremolinos Restaurant

Postby CHICAB » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I am looking for a good restaurant for dinner in Torremolinos (one that is open on Monday nights!). A group of us are staying at the Melia Costa del Sol (Paseo Maritimo), so ideally it would be within a short walk of there - also ideally it would be typically Spanish cuisine. I did find one called Cetus, but I'm not getting any answer from their phone number, so it may no longer exist.

Many thanks in advance.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: Good Torremolinos Restaurant

Postby Julie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 am

I have also been looking for a place to have dinner in Torremolinos, I think I have decided on the Kathmandu indian, It has excellent reviews,I wasn't thinking Indian, but it sounds to goo to miss :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 am

Julie wrote: , but it sounds to goo to miss :)
Sounds a bit overcooked to me..... :wink:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Kathmandu is very good; located in an alley close to the train station. Otherwise, I can recommend La Baracca, at the entrance to the Pueblo Blanco on Calle Casablanca (also in the centre, near La Nogalera). Near the Melia I don't really know of any great places, it's mostly tourist stuff. La Carihuela, just around the headland and a pleasant stroll, has a good choice of places though, especially for seafood lovers. Hope this helps.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 pm

We always walk round to La Carihuela if we park up that end of the front. We walk up a bit and there is a big square and on the right had side is a lovely restaurant. We have spend 2 New years day's there all afternoon and really enjoyed it. Very spanish and really good food. I can't remember the name of it! Perhaps Miro knows where I mean.
Down the other end of the front we always go to Caso Paco. Lunchtime we eat in their place on the beach and in the evening go to their other one a bit further down over the road. They often have music as well. Food is lovely and staff wonderful. Again really spanish. But is would be a long walk down the front from where you are staying.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Casa Paco :thumbup: Good choice.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

CHICAB
Tourist

Postby CHICAB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks for your replies. We ended up strolling around to La Carihuela, and found a seafood restaurant (very good meal) - unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it!!

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 pm

If it was not very far round there and on the beach it was probably the one we went to a few weeks back and had an excellent meal. I can't remember the name either!!