La Barraca Restaurant, La Herradura

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

La Barraca Restaurant, La Herradura

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:48 pm

A few days ago we had a pleasant day out with friends and we ended up at the La Barraca, down on the beach, now the last time I was anywhere near this little cove was almost 50 years ago and really not much had changed with the scenery.
But...although I was aware that there was a naturist beach near by, I hadn't realised that they would be 'exposing' themselves so close to where we were eating.. :shock:

So we were given the menus and of course I then thought well I can't order meat and two veg. or sausages or meat balls, so I ended up with steak and chips. :D

Now the restaurant was quite nicely appointed and the staff were very pleasant and attentive, but the meal I had was rather mediocre, but I have to say that the fish meals looked excellent and really that's what I should have chosen.
It was quite warm when we arrived but it got very cold when the really heavy mist rolled in very quickly, and all of a sudden most of the naked blubber around us was suddenly being covered up, apart from a few brave souls, but even they covered up when icicles started to form on unmentionable places.

And may I mention that I have enjoyed many menu-del-dias more and for much less money than this meal....
Still we enjoyed our 'works outing ' to the coast... :wave:
Regards,
Gordon

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: La Barraca Restaurant, La Herradura

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Hardly surprising as it is the local naturist beach!

Go to the next one in the Nerja direction. You cannot drive down to it but there is a continuous minibus service for €2 return and two restaurants.

Sid

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks Sid,
We didn't actually know where we were going, as we were taken down there as a 'surprise', but next time I'll contact you first for recommendations, if you don't mind ?.. :wave:

Regards,
Gordon

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:18 pm

BENIDORM wrote:Thanks Sid,
We didn't actually know where we were going, as we were taken down there as a 'surprise', but next time I'll contact you first for recommendations, if you don't mind ?.. :wave:

Regards,
Gordon

No problems - I can give you plenty of recommendations.

It's a lovely area but I would say that wouldn't I :)

Sid